LBP2: US to get chance at beta in “a few weeks”

Friday, 10th September 2010 20:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

lbp2-a

Sony has said those in the US will be able to participate in the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta “in a few weeks”.

Earlier this week, Sony posted on the community forums those “who’ve been really active in LittleBigPlanet” will be the first to get invites, and according to today’s post on the US PS Blog the first set of invites when out to Europe only.

“Globally, we’re taking steps to best test our server environment, so we’re distributing beta codes in phases,” said Sony. “The first phase of testing started earlier this week with our European LBP community.

“In a few weeks, we’ll be growing the participant base with US and other countries. More news to come.”

In the meantime, to keep you up to speed on all the new nuggets in LBP2, Sony’s introducing a series of LittleBigPlanet 2 Featurettes highlighting some of the new features.

The first entry in the series focused on the new Grappling Hook, which we posted for you here.

So, the long and short of it is: don’t despair. You’ll get your chance at the beta soon if you’re lucky.

Get more over on the US PS Blog.

1. justiceblob

I havent been on for over a year, got my invite this morning. Amazing stuff.

2. onlineatron

Bastard!

Are you PS+?

3. Gekidami

Same here, i havent played the first one in ages but got an invite a few days ago. I’m not PS+ either.

4. justiceblob

No, I’m not PS+… Amazing stuff really. I think I’m in Sonys beta program though. Was in LBP1, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Home etc so, that probably helped.

5. onlineatron

You guys are the worst :(

Granted I haven’t played the first in ages… But I played the demo of LBP PSP on my brother’s PSP this morning!!!

I deserve the world!

6. Dragon

Loved the first one… LBP. One of my favorites.

7. Michael O’Connor

Sony’s beta program?

8. Aimless

Both SCEE and SCEA have community Beta testers. You don’t apply, they just send an invite to your PSN account’s e-mail address; not sure of the exact criteria for selection, but no doubt time spent online plays a major factor. Those members will receive invites to any Sony Beta, unless they’re inactive or misuse their position.

LBP2‘s Beta, whilst closed, also comprises those who took part in some previous LBP Betas, some of which you could apply for. That doesn’t grant you the same privileges as being a full community Beta tester, though.