Coming soon to PlayStation Plus: Swords & Soldiers, Red Faction: Battlegrounds beta

Thursday, 9th September 2010 15:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

redfactionlogo

Sony has updated the US PS Blog to members a heads-up on what’s coming to PlayStation Plus on September 21.

Get it all after the break.

According to Sony, the next update is “one of the biggest since the launch of PlayStation Plus back in June”.

Here’s what all you’ll get:

Free Games

• Zen Pinball
  • Echoes – minis
  • Syphon Filter 3 – PS One

Early Access Game and Demo: Sword & Soldiers

Free Game Add-on: High Velocity Bowling – Move Compatibility Add-On

Free Themes: Shades of Autumn Theme

Discounts

• Cuboid (50 percent off)
  • Savage Moon (50 percent off)
  • LittleBigPlanet: Monster Costume Pack (50 percent off)

Discounted PS One Games

• PS One Imports
  • Cho Aniki
  • Gaiaseed

Free Avatars

• LittleBigPlanet Avatar – Hugo
  • LittleBigPlanet Avatar – Marvin

Get Them While You Can – Coming down on September 21:

• Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
  • Mushroom Wars
  • 2Xtreme
  • VEMPIRES – minis

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• Soldner-X2: Final Prototype – 30% Off (PlayStation Plus price $9.09, regular price $12.99)
  • Soldner-X: Himmelstrummer & Soldner-X2: Final Prototype Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $10.79, regular price $17.99)

Not a bad update at all, really,

Get more information on the US PS Blog.

1. QenTox

Is it only me who thinks, that US PS+ subscribers gets more content and freebies for less money than us europeans? ($49.99 in US, €49.99 in Europe)

2. Redh3lix

No, not just you. Not just PS+ content either, more like ALL content.

3. Freek

PS+ is weird anyway. Why not just buy the games you want instead of subscribing to something? Probably woulden’t cost you 50 bucks a month either.

4. Robo_1

I suppose for the price of one full price game a year, you get to play an awful lot of content, and whilst it’s gone if you unsubscribe, for many people, the content wouldn’t get played much past the first few months of use anyway, so I can see why people would sign up.

Personally I prefer to own stuff, so it’s not really for me, but still, I think it’ll find an audience. It seems every month another little gold cross appears in my friend list.

5. Hunam

Wow, if you don’t have PS+ you basically get fuck all now?

6. theevilaires

People can still play free online Hunam and thats all they care about really. PS+ only caters to a percentage of hardcore PS3 users. The average joe is too busy enjoying MW2 and BFBC2 to even care about +

7. DrDamn

@Freek – that’s the yearly fee.
    @Hunam – how did you work that out? This is just the PS+ list – there is still the regular stuff on PSN each week too.

8. QenTox

Don’t get it wrong guys, I think PS+ is a great idea and I am a subscriber, the only thing I hate is, that SCEA is alway offering more than SCEE and not even for the same money, we pay more for less…

9. OlderGamer

PSN is still a great deal. Playing online free is a big thing, esp now that MS is raising their LIVE gold fee.

However, I still think Sony needs to offer more content to PSN+ subscriber(on both sides of the pond).

One free Movie rental a month.
    Always 1/2 priced PSone games.
    25% off all DLC.
    Something.

10. reask

Ive been on + 3 months and there is good deals to be had actually.
    Got infamous for 20 Euro which was OK I thought.
    At least the developer gets a cut.
    Warhawk a tenner though I am not really loving it.
    OK on the ground but suck at flying. :)

11. OlderGamer

I love the flying. Best part of the game if ya ask me. The worst part of the game is the low server populations and the team killing :(

12. theevilaires

Reask I will teach you the ropes of Warhawk later. Some people have managed to be aces in the Warhawks like me. I’m gonna teach you those same skills for the very low price of…..$0.00. Can’t beat that buddy. :)