BioWare working on a fix for Witch Hunt’s “continuity bug”

Thursday, 9th September 2010 18:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

witchhunt

Mark Darrah, executive producer of Dragon Age: Origins, has posted on the BioWare blog that the latest DLC released for the game has a “continuity bug”.

According to Darrah, the issue found in Witch Hunt is not affecting a majority of players, but it’s still a “significant” issue.

“We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing anyone,” he wrote. “Clearly, it was our responsibility to catch this sort of issue in the interaction of Witch Hunt with Dragon Age: Origins.

“Our team is doing everything we can to fix this in a timely manner so those who are affected can go back to enjoying Witch Hunt as soon as possible.”

BioWare is working to fix another bug, which will not allow users to create a save file after finishing the DLC.

Witch Hunt, the final piece of DLC for Origins, was released earlier this week.

1. Ercarret

So … what is the actual bug? I haven’t had the time (or the money) to download WH yet, so I’m pretty much clueless.

2. Lord Gremlin

It’s supposed to save in the end, right before the credits (like Origins) because you make an important decision. It doesn’t save. That’s your bug.

3. lindblum_resident

Actually, Gremlin that’s the bug that they mentioned in the end. The actual bug the article refers to has to do with an event in the DLC that doesn’t seem to remember the player’s decision on something during the main game. I think.

4. Michael O’Connor

To avoid spoilers, some people (myself included) have hit a bug where something the character says to you at the end of the DLC incorrectly judges the actions you took with her near the end (you know what scene I mean) of the original game.

5. Ercarret

@4 Ah, thanks. Yeah, I know the scene, and I see the problem. It sucks if your decision doesn’t count for anything in the end.

6. Lord Gremlin

Hm, my decisions were counted precisely, no problems. Luck I suppose.

7. Mauller

It’s too bad that this DLC offers nothing worth while. There is no closure and no questions answered and it’s way to short.

8. Lord Gremlin

Say what you will, I got my closure and happy end. It is short indeed though.

9. frostquake

Ok..I have quit playing then till it is fixed…Someone let me know when it is fixed!!!