No online multiplayer for NBA Jam on Wii

Wednesday, 8th September 2010 19:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

nbajam

EA Sports Vancouver has, unsurprisingly, confirmed no online multiplayer for NBA Jam on Wii.

Not even through the console’s Wi-Fi connection, even.

While this many not be absolutely shocking news for some, it may confuse others due to EA Sports titles Madden NFL, FIFA, Tiger Woods PGA Tour and Grand Slam Tennis having online multiplayer on Wii.

To console yourselves, take note that the Wii version has the Remix Tour, which is full of boss battles and single and local co-op challenges.

Those purchasing NBA Elite 11 on PS3 or Xbox 360  new, will be provided with a free one-use download code for the online multiplayer.

NBA Jam ships for Wii October 5, and NBA Elite 11 for Xbox 360 and PS3 ships the same day.

Via Kotaku.

1. spiderLAW

WEAK SAUCE!

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ok quick question….

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY???

Why would you NOT include multiplayer in a multiplayer game such as NBA Jam?!?!?!?! Only reason I can HONESTLY think of is so they can CHARGE people for it LATER. I WAS previously going to buy this. Hell fucking not now that’s for damn sure.

UNBELIEVEABLE. Online multiplayer should be COMMON FUCKING SENSE in todays gaming industry.

3. onlineatron

I don’t understand the thought process on this one.

Why put the full game bar multiplayer on Wii and put a gimped version on the PS3 and 360.

I’d love to have the game but I don’t have a Wii and i’m not buying a version with 50% cut out of it.

4. robmlufc

fail..

5. onlineatron

NBA Jam is a couch/arcade game.
    I doubt you’d get the same pleasure playing online as you would the old school joy of kicking back with mates and playing it.

Also, do you REALLY want to use Nintendo’s gimped online?

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@5. It’s a multiplayer game period. Should have the OPTION for online/offline, as ALL multiplayer games should in the 21st century. I don’t even own a Wii, but it’s the principle of these developers that pisses me off.

7. theevilaires

(DR.G REPHRASE!)

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH M$ TODAY???

Why would you NOT include “FREE” multiplayer in a multiplayer game such as NBA Jam?!?!?!?! Only reason I can HONESTLY think of is so they can CHARGE people for it LATER. I WAS previously going to buy this. Hell fucking not now that’s for damn sure.

UNBELIEVEABLE. “FREE” Online multiplayer should be COMMON FUCKING SENSE in todays gaming industry.

PEW! :) PEW! :D PEW! :P

8. OlderGamer

Um Tea, my understanding is that Both the xb360 and PS3 are gimped.

Am I missing something?

9. Blerk

Sounds like EA basically doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing with this title.

I’m surmising that the “gimped” 360/PS3 version will eventually be able to be bulked out to full Wii-spec using paid DLC. So they encourage you to buy a game you perhaps didn’t want in order to get one that you do, then get you to pay a bit more to build it up to a full game. Harsh.