GT5 gets 10 videos from Best Buy conf, one shows damage

Tuesday, 7th September 2010 06:52 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gt511

GTPlanet’s posted up ten new off-screen videos of Gran Turismo 5, all taken from the recent Best Buy conference in the US.

The top one shows the game’s damage modelling system in action. There’s a beaten-up Ferrari there, spinning round in circles. Amazing.

The rest show cars driving round tracks, down roads and over hills.

We saw this at gamescom. It’s exhaustive and very anal. You can stick that on the box.

GT5 ships on November 2 in the US and November 3 in Europe.

1. DrDamn

That damage in the first one just looks wrong – you can see what they are going for – but they didn’t really pull it off.

Rallying looks nice, though the wafer thin barriers you bounce off are a bit of an immersion breaker. Dust clouds off the back look good though.

2. 2plus2equals5

I’ve never made an accident with a Ferrari 458 Italia(lol) but damages seems to be really strange! :|

3. Freek

I think thye just discovered the uncanny valley for car games. :D

If everything looks real, but the damage model is only slightly off, it imidiatly looks weird.

4. Gekidami

Traction control is the thing that stops your car from skidding allover the place right? Seems odd that the guy would set it to zero each time…

Also this looks like the E3 build, apparently they used the E3 build at PAX to and not the GC build.

5. DrDamn

The GC build was meant to have a heavily overhauled Suspension and Tyre model which has made some good positive differences.

RE: Traction Control – some people like to turn it off for a more raw feel.

6. 2plus2equals5

Two questions:
    1)there will be split screen?
    2)is it difficult to manage for arcade lovers like me?

7. Gekidami

I’m pretty sure splitscreen was confirmed.

All i know is that the GC build had skid marks in it, and this one dosnt. I’ve heard a few people over on the GT forums say that its the E3 build.

8. ExclusivesMostly

@7: yeah it’s the E3 build.

9. poorwretch

Well we wanted GT damage and for our sins they gave us some.
    It looks awful I hope there is an option to turn it off plus I am not that excited from what I’ve seen from the rallying aspect so far, I mean where are the drifts? And the level just looks drab. All the other stuff looks fantastic though.