Kinect Motion Sports gets trailer

Sunday, 5th September 2010 20:07 GMT By Joe Anderson

motionsports

Ubisoft’s released a new trailer for its Kinect launch title, Motion Sports, showing some gameplay from the six event types included on the disc.

The video, which you can see below, shows American football, horse riding, boxing, hang gliding, skiing and soccer.

As you would expect, the game is completely controller-free, so you’ll play through each of the game types and the included 40 challenges by jumping, waving and rolling. Or whatever.

Motion Sports is set to launch alongside Kinect this November.

1. Ge0force

Noooooo… not the perfect happy family again :(

2. onlineatron

I’d love to see some really fucked up chav family playing these games in an ad.

The father telling his ‘little shits’ to ‘get out the way’ whilst he swigs his bear and the mothers tits fall out her ill-fitted top whilst jumping during the Kinect Adventures raft game.

3. Erthazus

Just how much millions of dollars paid Microsoft to the Ubisoft to make them bunch of shovelware for “Perfect” Family?

4. Gekidami

Zero dollars.

5. DSB

@2 They’d have to nick it from someones house first. The price isn’t exactly friendly towards the working classes.

“Kinect, it’s so good I nicked one innit”

6. KAP

This is what sony and microsoft think gamers need is it?

7. Michael O’Connor

God knows this looks better than Kinect Sports at least.

8. Erthazus

@4 I doubt that. Because so much games at the release from Ubi won’t guarantee you that software will sell.

Just like Sega’s Virtua tennis 4 or Sorcery are games where Sony supports with money.

9. NiceFellow

Looks awful. Worse than MS’s own effort I think. The Skiing in particular looked terrible I thought.

I’m not totally anti Kinect and Move, but this sure isn’t anything that worthwhile an experience in my book – not judging from that trailer anyway.

10. LePlatypus

@8 OH MY GOD I NEVER IMAGINED SONY WOULD SUPPORT A GAME THEY’RE PUBLISHING WITH MONEY!!!!!1!11111!!!!!!11!!!!! ZOMG!!!!!!1!!1!!!1!!!111111!!!!!! /end sarcasm

11. onlineatron

Sony arn’t publishing Virtua Tennis 4.

12. Erthazus

@10 you are hopeless child. It is published by Sega. Idiot.

13. LePlatypus

@12 Sorry for not being specific but I’m referring to Sorcery in my comment

14. LePlatypus

@12 Also you are hopeless at English

15. Erthazus

@LePlatypus. Excuses already? Now Sorcery only? Woot.

My english is bad, because i’m not from the UK or US. Where i live no one speaks english in most cases, so yeah thats true and nothing to be ashamed of.

16. DaMan

you should be ashamed of being an infantile twat though. then again, perhaps where you live everyone’s like that, hence..

sorry, couldn’t resist.

17. Erthazus

@DaMan, of my, another one butthurted troll. So many of you. Just how old are you? 17-18?
    Go play Halo with your stupid online friends. sic!

18. DaMan

oh well.

19. DSB

LOL

20. LePlatypus

@17 ‘Go play Halo with your stupid online friends’
    That sounds pretty butthurt to me

21. onlineatron

Children, children, calm yourselves.

Now…. If you don’t eat your vegetables i’m going to have to send you to bed with no dessert.

22. Sleazy Bastard

In theory this is better than Wii Sports (and look alike games). They look better and they should allow for more freedom. Though weather or not it will run as smoothly as they want it to run, is a different question. The part that shows one player kicking the penalty and the other one defending it, should be hard to achieve with precision in a real life situation, due to space.

If there are people stupid (and lazy) enough to buy Wii Fit, there will be people that will find this entertaining and more satisfying (not considering the price)

23. DrDamn

@Joe
    I think you’ll find that sixth sport is spelt with an F ;)

Skiing and Hang Gliding looked like they had possibilities of non-shittness. The rest looked a bit awful. Actually the Skiing and Hang Gliding really could be quite good thinking about it.

24. Amin360

I cant say any thing ,I should wait that november!

25. itsucks

Great Graphics, way better than those móvì wiimote rip-off for the dildo flopstation piece of shit 3.

26. Kuwabara

hey “itsucks”, atleast your mum/sister/gf would enjoy move ( dildo) over a kinnect :P.

27. Joe Anderson

Anyone else thinking Monty Python? :)

28. Spaced Oddity

Nah. itsucks is still upset his mum/sister chose to buy a PS3 instead. As for his girlfriend…ha…who are you kidding? His hand is his mate. So now he has to sit there, bitter, with an empty XBL friend list and his hand. :D

29. theevilaires

yea I think M$ has really f***ed themselves on this one. Gonna be funny as hell to see some guy get his wife to play during her Sunday lifetime channel marathon.

30. Michael O’Connor

@30 I don’t know a single woman under the age of 50 who actually does that.

31. DarkElfa

Wow Evil, I can’t believe you would say something negative about an MS product. That’s like Glen Beck saying something bad about Obama.

32. Dannybuoy

Flail

33. itsucks

@31: and still talking shit with that black dildo and shoddy pieceofshit3 up his ass, double face creep.