PS+ subs getting Pro Evo 2011 demo early, 360 version details “shortly”

Friday, 3rd September 2010 09:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

pes20112

Konami’s confirmed the demo for Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 will launch on September 15 on PS3 and PC.

The taster will arrive before then for PlayStation Plus members, releasing next Wednesday.

A release date for the 360 demo “will be announced shortly,” Konami said this morning.

The demo will let you play as either Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chivas Guadalajara or Internacional with a friend or the AI.

PES 2011 launches this fall for PS3, 360, Wii, PS2 and PC.

1. McLovin85

Son of a bitch. Still not getting PS+ but would love to get my hands on this demo early.

2. cookiejar

Ok, good to see some things trickling through first for PS+.

3. DrDamn

Even as a PS+ subscriber I don’t like this sort of thing. You aren’t getting a demo early, other people are getting it late. Not the sort of thing which I like seeing on a sub service be it PS+ or Gold Live membership.

4. ExclusivesMostly

@3: um did you read Konami’s statement. Companies announce when they want to release their content then Sony pulls some strings to get it early. Not the best feature of PS+ but shit I not complaining: I already got my $50 back in free content and still have over a year to go (extra 3 months free).

5. DrDamn

A demo is ready or it isn’t. MS or Sony might bump it up the testing queue – but it’s at the expense of something else. You don’t seriously think they are employing extra people to test and validate with subs money do you?

Which Konami statement are you referring to? The one linked in the article or the one you linked?

6. Aimless

I wouldn’t say other people are necessarily getting the demo late as such things aren’t put out as soon as they’re ready but when the PR schedule dictates. Giving a subset of people access earlier than intended is advantageous, however, at least if your game demos well.