The Witcher 2 has 16 endings, only four load screens

Wednesday, 1st September 2010 17:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

thewitcher2

CD Projekt has said The Witcher 2 will have quite a few more endings than the original game.

There’s 16 endings to be exact.

While multiple endings may not sound too shocking, here are some other Witcher 2 numbers for you – try not to burst a blood vessel:

• There are three different openings.
  • It has 256 cut-scenes (150 minutes’ worth) where as the original had 130 (53 minutes’ worth).
  • The sequel has over 30 types of armor compared to only five in The Witcher.
  • An extra magic sign has been added.
  • There are only four load screens compared to 700 in the original.

According to CD Projekt, the improvements and added accessibility are all thanks to the new multiplatform engine being used for the game, TSOOD, which according to PC Games Hardware is an “English phonetic notation of the Polish term ‘cud,’ which means miracle”.

The site, which was given a demonstration of the game, said there isn’t a improvement in the PC version “above and beyond a higher resolution,” as it’s apparently optimized for consoles – although a PS3 and Xbox 360 has yet to be confirmed or denied.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is slated for 2011 on PC.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Erthazus

16 Endings? 16 replays than i guess.

I fucking love CD Projekt, Witcher franchise. Best RPG game and it is much better than Arcania or Dragon Age 2. Yes i said it and can’t wait for this.

“There are only four load screens compared to 700 in the original”

thank god. :D

2. MushroomStamp

This is one of the few games that the graphics take a back seat to the gameplay and I’ll play it regardless of being optimized for the PC or not.

3. Erthazus

@2 Actually graphics looks amazing in Witcher 2. So no back seat even there.

4. Phoenixblight

Even they said its been optimized so it can go with the console. ANyways I wouldn’t read into it too much 16 endings could mean anything like those craptacular slide shows.

5. AHA-Lambda

i really need to pick up the first in a steam sale =/

6. revolting

@5 I did that a couple of months back, got the director’s cut in a steam sale, and was heartily disappointed.

I went into it not pre-disposed to dislike it, too. If anything, after everything I’d read over the years since it’s original release, I was really looking forward to it, I thought I was going to love it. What I found instead was a clumsy, disjointed mess with incohesive story telling and abominable voice acting for completely un-engaging characters, and it was far more simplistic action RPG than the unique, refreshing, intelligent RPG messiah I’d been lead to believe. Which really disappointed me – I’d really expected to love it after all I’d read about it.

I couldn’t get back to Dragon Age fast enough, but even that falls short of the glory days. No RPG has yet come even close to topping Planescape: Torment for me.

7. M2Kx