Square announces TGS line-up, doesn’t mention Versus or Agito XIII

Wednesday, 1st September 2010 08:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

agito xiii

Square Enix has announced its line-up for TGS, but hasn’t confirmed showings of Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Final Fantasy Agito XIII.

The 3rd Birthday, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded, Final Fantasy XIV and Lords of Arcana form Square’s pack in Japan later this month.

The publisher also has Call of Duty: Black Ops in its line-up, which it’s releasing in Japan in place of original pub Activision.

Full thing’s below, also mentioning what’s playable and what’s not.

• Front Mission Evolved (Playable, Video)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded (Playable, Video)
  • Lords of Arcana (Playable, Video)
  • Tactics Ogre (Playable, Video)
  • The 3rd Birthday (Playable, Video)
  • Mind Jack (Playable, Video)
  • Final Fantasy Legends (Playable, Video)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Video)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Video)
  • Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (Playable, Video)
  • Final Fantasy XIV (Video)
  • Final Fantasy XI (Video)

Where’s them two fab looking games about Novas and Crystals and stuff?

The list makes no mention of either Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Final Fantasy Agito XIII, despite Versus director Tetsuya Nomura mentioning last week that both games will get a brief showing at the expo.

The two remaining titles in the the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga – the other being Final Fantasy XIII itself – have been hidden away recently, with no public footage of Versus in a year-and-a-half.

Square’s Yoshinori Kitase has even refused to confirm a 2011 timeline for the game in Japan.

Watch the last trailer for it below.

Square has promised to update the list with more games as the show nears, though, with Agito XIII director Hajime Tabata teasing Versus XIII footage on Twitter.

“On that note, Versus. That scene in the PV. I think it will make you shake,” he said.

TGS takes place from September 16-19.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. mington

i think we’ll see a vsXIII CGI mixed with in game footage teaser trailer thingy, but no details on the game mechanics

2. Erthazus

Oh SE For Fuck sake… It’s been too long.

I think they won’t show us anything related to the FFXIII Versus because of freakin XIII release date on the 360. They just don’t want to overshadow it with the new title. + there is also a FF14 release for the PS3.

3. Talyis

I can’t believe no one noticed that when Noctis is walking up the stairs at the end of the trailer that it’s game play graphics. look closely at his hair it move different than in CGI and it looks more clumpy! Well if I’m right then there are some sweet graphics.

4. Erthazus

@3 WOOOOOOOOOW, it can’t be… you are probably our Jesus. Oh thanks for the explanation. No one never knew about that until now.

It’s been a long time since we saw that trailer. Yeah, graphics are good, but graphics aren’t everything here. I want to see Gameplay, story and RPG stuff.

5. StolenGlory

You know what the best thing is in that whole list?

The Deus Ex video.

It could be new footage.

That alone makes me smile :)

6. Talyis

@4 WOW Erthazus your not an ass! Who said I was all about graphics, I’m tired of all you guys saying it’s not all about graphics just because a guy compliments graphics on a game. Get a life, it has nice graphics so live with it, I’m also looking forward to actual story and fighting mechanics, I myself hope it will be a turn based game, but better than that trash FF13! And bring on the world map.

7. 2plus2equals5