Black Ops multiplay beta rumour is “completely false,” says Acti

Wednesday, 1st September 2010 17:30 GMT By Johnny Cullen

black ops beta

Multiplayer beta for Black Ops? So fake, honey.

Activision’s just told VG247 a rumour from earlier that Call of Duty: Black Ops was going to get a multiplayer beta is “completely false”.

Website Leakerz.com had gotten ahold of what appeared to be proof of a multiplayer beta.

The images included messages on the game’s website showing the taster kicking off at 7.00pm tomorrow.

An image of a PS3 beta client was shown downloading. An Google ad for the beta was also seen, showing it as a 360 exclusive.

But speaking to us on the phone just now, an Acti rep completely debunked the story.

Black Ops launches on November 10.

1. ExclusivesMostly

Hmmm

2. KAP

Not on your nelly mate.

F…….

3. KAP

A……

4. AHA-Lambda

hope its true, i would like to see if its different from mw2 before considering a purchase

5. Aimless

I’d say that screengrab is ‘Shopped. A blur filter was introduced to the XMB ages ago, affecting the background when any sort of overlay is on screen — i.e. the download progress screen — which is conspicuously absent in that shot.

Nice try, counterfeiters, but you should have doctored a more recent photo.

6. theevilaires

Black ops will be better than MW2 I think.

7. David Sarkisjan

It has been already proven that the PSN screenshot is doctored.

8. spiderLAW

Black-Ops looks to be better than MW2 in many ways. I was never excited for MW2 and wasn’t all that eager to play it. When it came out, my expectations of its quality were spot on so i wasnt let down but i wasn’t thrilled with the game.
    However, i am genuinely excited for black-ops.

9. theevilaires

I feel the same way spider, but man did I have high hopes for MW2, such a let down from COD4. I think if Acti wants to start charging for COD4 online servers after their planned termination of the online game then I would pay $50 a year for dedicated servers so the online portion of that game never went away.

Its the Goldeneye 64 of this era now. And nothing I’ve seen so far will change that. Not KZ2,KZ3,MW2,W@W,B:O,R2,nothing man. Hopefully KZ3 proves me wrong. Also I have high hopes for BRINK

10. LOLshock94

stfu

11. ReeceHeywood

3 GB for a beta? LOLZ.

12. Johnny Cullen

Updated. It’s bollocks.

13. ClankStar

@Johnny Cullen

Just what i thought..

14. spiderLAW

TEA, im hoping KZ3 is the multiplayer experience that i have been waiting for since Half-Life deathmatch died.

15. AHA-Lambda

yep the psn is def fake look at this one:

16. AHA-Lambda

MP details leak!:

if true i can see acti charging MS points for this ingame currency ;)