Kojima “wanted” to develop complete MGS4 edition, doesn’t have time

Wednesday, 1st September 2010 19:47 GMT By Johnny Cullen

oldsnake

A Trophies, 3D and Move-enabled version of Metal Gear Solid 4? Sounds like the sweet life, huh? Too bad you’re most likely not going to be getting it now.

Hideo Kojima has tweeted he would like to have seen an ultimate edition of Guns of the Patriots enabled with 3D, Move and trophies, the latter of which the most asked feature for the game from fans since its release in June 2008.

But when asked if he would do it, he admitted he’d like to have done it, but it would get in the way of making a new game.

“I wanted to make a ‘Complete Version’ with trophy support and 3D, but if I did that I wouldn’t be able to work on a new game,” he tweeted when asked by a fan about the idea.

“I wonder if someone else would make it for me,” he added.

For the record, you should totally accept Guns of the Patriots for it is, really: as one of the best games ever.

Konami confirmed last night the next MGS console title, Rising, will re-appear at TGS.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. cookiejar

Aww I want me some MGS4 trophies :(

2. Erthazus

Better new Kojima game. FUCK this meta Gameplay. It’s just a waste of time in most cases.

3. Gama_888

thas a shame :(

maybe once whatever he’s working on is all done and dusted?
    **fingers crossed**

4. justiceblob

But it’ll be a 3 yr old game by then…. Still amazing, but why should he go back to that?

5. Gekidami

I dont rike this Kojima, not one bit. The ‘Substance’ games were a tradition.

6. revolting

I played MGS4, because it needed to be played to complete the Metal Gear experience. And I enjoyed every moment of it. But I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to sit through all those hours upon hours of nonsensical cutscenes again for the sake of some insignificant virtual medals.

Also, Hideo “MGS1: Women have more hiding places than men! nudge-nudge-wink-wink” Kojima is just that little bit too pervy for me to want to engange in sharing a “waggle the glowing wand” experience with him.

7. Nozz

Cutscenes (which you could SKIP) aside, the addition of trophies would have been a great for this amazing game. I wonder what they would have done with the 3D tech? :)

8. Gekidami

I wouldnt have minded some side missions like the ones in Substance and Special Missions. The game gave you over 90 weapons and no real occasions to use them.

9. The Hindle

@ 8 maybe because its a stealth game?

10. Gekidami

Thats why i’d like some of those VR missions to use them in.

11. The Hindle

Ahh i see.

12. osric90

3D? Nah… Extra missions, VR, one installation only, chapter (act) selection, boss battle, fan service, trophies, maybe move support…, better covering system, more camouflages, faces, etc and of course DEMO THEATER mode… FINE! In a FREE UPDATE but most probably paid DLCs. It would be cool like a “METAL GEAR SOLID 4: SUBSOMETHING” but we live in times where downloads have the power.

13. Thalius

MGS4 with Trophies would be the BEST GAME EVER ON PS3, without its in the TOP3. No Doubt.

14. Hunam

Why would trophies make it a better game?

15. Erthazus

@14 Because some people prefer jerking off by doing stupid tasks and having medals.

16. Psychotext

The game already had stupid tasks for medals… tying in trophies to that would have been simplicity.

17. psxman

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~!

This is the only cannon game that’s not been turned into 1.5 (Special Missions, Substance, Subsistance, Ops+ and I’m sure something’ll come for Peace Walker)

18. itsucks

FISSION MAILED, KRAPJIMA, lol. What a Loser.

19. Moonwalker1982

One of the best games ever? Far from it, far!!! I tried to absolutely love the game, but i couldn’t…not to say i hate it but i was definitely expecting much more.

And sigh..3D, move. Big deal…3D Tvs are unaffordable for a long time and not that much of a deal anyway and move? As if that would change the game drastically, nah.

20. zoopdeloop

@19 Just because you don’t like a game or expecting more from it doesn’t mean it doesn’t worth the title “one of the best games ever”.
    After all it all comes down to preferences…

21. Moonwalker1982

I heard from plenty more people on the GT forums that they were very dissapointed in the game. I honestly don’t see why it would be called one of the best games ever.

22. threadzilla

@21 people are going to find something wrong about every game, in the case of mgs4 some people didn’t like it, but there were more people who liked it than didn’t like it. It was awesome, sorry you don’t feel that way but it was awesome.

23. Lord Gremlin

Say what you will, I just don’t buy games that lack trophies now. I did, but that is no more.