Extra MAG character slots now available

Tuesday, 31st August 2010 21:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

MAG

Jeremy Dunham, senior community manager for Zipper Interactive, has announced over on the official MAG blog that extra character slots are now available.

As promised last month, starting today, those who log into MAG see two additional slots below their original default character.

Here’s the rundown:

For $0.99 per added slot, players can select the extra character they want to unlock and create a brand new persona. These supplementary character subscriptions will last for 30 days from the day they’ve been purchased, but don’t fret if you decide not to renew one or both of them immediately. Once your extra characters have been created, they reside safely dormant on the MAG server until activated for subscription once again.

The slots will not be live until the PSN is updated, so if you don’t see the slots right away, check back later.

1. Erthazus

There was so much potential with this… and they killed it.

2. OlderGamer

I can’t exactly put my finger on it, but the game isn’t a hella lot of fun. I just don’t understand why, it has everything ya would want in a MP shooter.

As it is, it is alright I guess. I would just rather spend time on BFBC2 or MNC.

3. Xanthene

took a long break off of MAG and came back recently with the patches, its come a long way but still lacks quite a bit. Can’t say I like they’re charging $1 a month for an extra slot, $2 for 2 slots. Seems like a cheap money grab. If you played through to rank 60 you should be rewarded with an extra slot. I absolutely hate being Valor but I’m not paying a monthly fee to do another character and I’m not starting over. Just playing MAG now to fill in the summer months until the flood of good games starting this fall. I think zipper is going to be disappointed when no one coughs up the bucks to pay for what should be free.

4. LOLshock94

its shit thats what it is

5. hed

You can get an extra slot for free. Just make a new PSN account and start the game with it (the only problem is that you won’t be able to do all the trophies without deleting a character).

6. DrDamn

I liked MAG when I played it. The single character, single faction thing I think helped focus things initially quite well. As things went on they felt more and more restrictive. Always playing maps from a particular view point etc, characters quite focused build wise. They have opened things up now and supported the release well since launch – but charging for extra character slots? Arguably these features should have been there from the start.

I sold my copy on when I got BFBC2, but with recent updates I was considering revisiting the game. Not anymore.

7. Nozz

They should just charge a one time fee to open up another slot, to me that would be more appealing.