BFBC2 Ultimate Edition trailered in HD

Tuesday, 31st August 2010 18:20 GMT By Patrick Garratt

badcompany27

If you don’t already own this, you’re about to have no excuse to catch up.

EA just said put out an HD trailer for an Ultimate Edition of Battlefield Bad Company 2, confirming all its contents.

The pack includes the game, four-player co-op-based Onslaught mode, Battlefield 1943 and access to six vehicle and weapon upgrades in alternate vehicle fire, improved vehicle armour, a new SMG, the M1911 pistol, a tracer dart pistol and something else that either isn’t listed or we missed. Que sera.

The last hurrah for EA Dice’s much-loved shooter releases on September 3 for 360 and PS3.

1. drewbles82

does it come with all the map packs. sold if it has.

2. Redh3lix

Would have been better to include the upcoming BF:BC 2 expansion “Vietnam” :(

Already own the game (and everything included). Personally speaking, it’s easily the best FPS on the market atm.

3. spiderLAW

Its a lovely FPS, and as far as NEW games go, yeah its the best FPS on the market. Single player mode was loads better than MW2 but they are both equal in multiplayer to me. They are so different from each other and just as enjoyable as one another.
    i just bought the regualr edition 3weeks ago for $25….maybe should have waited for this ultimate version. Do you think Medal of Honor is going to be worth getting if you already have this game?

4. Erthazus

@3 I don’t think so that Medal Of Honor will be worth something in multiplayer.

It uses previous Battlefield:BC 1 engine and looks similar to CoD, not is that it is a bad idea, it’s just that engine and everything else is not suited for the running and gunning combat in my opinion. Still need to see more.

But i think Singleplayer in Medal Of honor will be awesome.

PS: I think both singleplayer campaign sucked ass, except that Battlefield:BC2 didn’t made a stupid plot with bad russian voices.

5. 2plus2equals5

I’m for single player games but this bundle is tempting me.
    I love this kind of bundles!

6. YoungZer0

@1: You can download the map packs for free.

7. Redh3lix

@6 …. must mention he can only do that if he’s purchased the game new, not second hand.

Don’t think they should be called “Map packs”, more “Mode packs”. Don’t understand why they call them map packs at all :/

8. Anaron

So, you get Onslaught Mode and BF1943. Not bad if you ask me. Anyway, did anyone notice the music they used? It’s the same music that was used in the USA trailer for Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour.

9. Thalius

The singleplayer of this game SUCKS… But multiplayer is awesome. I sold my copy a while back but maybe give this another try.

10. robmlufc

I love it on this when a sniper thinks he is hiding in a building, until i blow a wall out with a rpg and take him with it:) so much fun

11. spiderLAW

i dont understand how this single player sucks? I completed it first on PC and wasnt too thrilled with it and then i beat it on Hard on PS3 and thought it was great. Action, Strategy, Humor, Graphics and story were all present in the game so I dont see what was wrong with it.

12. Gekidami

Yep, they’re using the C&C Generals Main Theme. Thats pretty lazy of them (its original music made for Generals by Bill Brown & Mikael Sandgren afterall), but i can understand because the music in BC2 utterly sucks.

13. Grimrita

too many bugs to list to be enjoyed and probably the only FPS game where you actually need to miss the head to get a headshot.

BF3 had better be more than this shoddy effort

14. AHA-Lambda

ah thanks was wonderin wat that awesome music was :P

and yea my fav MP in any game ever right here folks :D

but yea the SP for BC2 is terrible in all honesty :|

15. spiderLAW

@13….i never get any of those “bugs” i headshot just fine too.

16. HighWindXIX

Multiplayer is awesome! I’m not much for online shooters but hot damn do I love this game!! Except when I hate it.

And yes, I have noticed that sometimes, head shots don’t register right. WTF?!

17. EscoBlades

*yawn*

18. LOLshock94

these mean a new patch?

19. theevilaires

Redh3lix lucky you cover your butt by saying “personally speaking” because I was going to rant the hell out of you that its not.

The game lags sometimes like crazy. Teammates suck sometimes. And nobody ever uses their damn mic (well thats 90% PS3 FPS) :D

20. OlderGamer

No lag on xbl for me Tea. Corse at 60usd there may well be no xbl for me either.

So go figure.

You are right tho, there is a lack of anything corindated, and team killing has been rampant in most PS3 games i have played online.

I have no reason behind it. Other then maybe w/o the threat of being banned/recieving bad feedback due to the ability to change handles and not have to pay for em. If a player pays to play they often act differently then they might if they didn’t have to pay for the privilage, as loosing it means loosing money they spent.

Maybe that is a stretch, i don’t know.

But w/o realising it you just hit the nail on the head when it comes to why I don’t play on PSN as much as on LIVE.