Insomniac confirms 2011 launch for Resistance 3, no PAX showing

Wednesday, 25th August 2010 22:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

resistance 3

Insomniac’s confirmed Resistance 3 for a 2011 launch.

The sequel was announced last week in Cologne, featuring at the end of Sony’s gamescom presser.

“Resistance 3 is a 2011 release,” said the developer in a tweet, responding to a fan.

Insomniac also confirmed it won’t be showing anything about R3 at PAX Prime next weekend during its panel, instead focusing on Ratchet & Clank: All4One from its North Carolina studio.

It did, however, add there was “more to come” on the game.

Soon please, chaps.

1. onlineatron

I would have rather not had the teaser if it means having to wait for ages, pondering what on earth the it means!

2. G1GAHURTZ

Battle.net is down!!

I can’t play SC2…

I’m not so sure how much I’m looking forward to this cloud gaming stuff now.

3. KAP

Didn’t they say their going to have a 3 year dev plan on thier games.

4. Johnny Cullen

Yeah. Obviously, it means it’s been in development since 2008.

5. JimFear666

i was disapointed that there were no game play in the teaser/trailer of r3 but its still nice the they decided to announce it.

6. LOLshock94

why would you want to see it you know it will be the same just like the 2nd there was no changes

7. onlineatron

I really hope they play up this dark, desolate, emotional feel to the game.

I don’t think I’ve seen a game that really deals with the emotional side of an alien infestation. Humanity has been forced to hide, retreat and suffer yet the previous two games (R2 especially) felt like ‘look at shit blow-up’ action movies.

The best part of R2 was walking through the suburban town areas where all residents had been encapsulated in pods, turned into grims… It was really effective to see close-to-home life destroyed and mutated.

8. Isaaclarke37

I’ll be waiting…

9. frostquake

Yeah tease the tip and then walk away till next year…GRRRrrrrrrrrrr…

Speaking of Star Craft….I see on my PSP Media Go Comic Book Store there is a New, Well New to PSP, Starcraft Comic…is it worth picking up??? Oh Never Mind it is Free…So I will be getting it on my PSP!

10. Dannybuoy

If R3 has the small town over taken with aliens vibe of Tremors then I’m buyin’

11. cookiejar

Im guessing this will a September + release, if Killzone 3 is coming out in the spring.