Pre-order Vanquish through Amazon UK, get an exclusive Tri-Weapon Pack

Tuesday, 24th August 2010 21:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

vanquish

SEGA has released a pre-order trailer for Vanquish, showing off the Tri-Weapon Pack you get when pre-ordering through Amazon UK.

The Tri-Weapon pack includes three exclusive weapons: the Boost Machine Gun, Laser Cannon and Anti-Armour Pistol.

Check out the video below.

Vanquish releases on October 19 in the US and October 22 in the UK for PS3 and Xbox 360.

A demo is to be released for it next week.

1. Lord Gremlin

“insert facepalm here”

Just make your game pre-order only. After launch, burn all the copies that haven’t been sold.

2. hitnrun

@1: Not necessarily in that order.

3. DaMan

DLC already? I was hoping they would release a complete game, like Kamiya’s team did with Bayonetta.

4. OlderGamer

DLC is the stain upon this generation.

Microtransactions.

Sometimes they keep me from buying old games(new or used), because even though the game might be cheaper then a new release, I know that the game will have 10-30usd of dlc to buy. And not buying that DLC(or unlock code as it often is the case) makes me feel like I would be missing out on some of the game. Making the purchase of teh game feel hollowed to begin with.

Plus even if a game is selling for 20usd new, adding in 25usd in DLC puts the price back upto 45usd. Hardly a deal really.

In most cases I hate DLC.

In the case where a game isn’t even out yet, and they are advertising DLC?

Lame.

Just put that content in the game from day one and stop grabbing for my bank account. Isn’t the 60usd for the game in the first place enough?

Gotta love those EA Sports games that launch with dayone DLC. NCAA Football 2011 cost about 100USD if you buy the game and the DLC. Very cool.

5. reask

+ 1 OG.

6. Blerk

I’ve not bought a single piece of DLC this generation. The only bits I have are from ‘game of the year’ editions or were given away free. Some of them are so poor I feel kind of ripped off even though they didn’t cost me anything.

7. AHA-Lambda

+1 to OG again

not only that but a VAST majority of the DLC released nowadays is crap anyway =/

8. DSB

Ditto Blerk.

Multiplayer DLC is a nice way of adding value, but the singleplayer stuff is just consistently wank.

I think it’s bad for games in general. Developers seem to be skimping on the content (Hello, Mass Effect and Mafia II) just to make DLC more appealing.

9. Blerk

When done right, it’s brilliant. Rockstar did it totally right with the GTA episodes, Bethesda got it right some of the time with the Fallout 3 add-ons.

On the flip side, Ubi’s Assassin’s Creed II add-ons were crap. And so was the Prince of Persia epilogue, come to think of it.

10. AHA-Lambda

oh god the PoP epilogue is maybe the single worst piece of DLC i have ever played! >:(

11. OlderGamer

To be fair, I enjoy a good bit of the DLC from various music games too. But that DLC really does add to the game, and there is no way they could have packed onto the launch CD the vast amount of DLC and variety that is offered now.

But for many games I just feel like DLC is a rip off and a way to get extra cash for something that should have been included on the game disc.

And “DLC” that are basicly unlock codes … are criminal.

12. Blerk

I always feel it tends to be overpriced too. I begrudge paying the same for a 1-2 hour add-on as I would for a full XBLA title, for instance.

13. freedoms_stain

vaguely @4 A lot of DLC is crap, personally I won’t buy it full price any more, the stuff I do buy has to be reduced and decent quality (or part of GOTY).

You can always get a decent impression of DLC by listening to the feedback from people who bought it, so you can be selective.

Pisses me off when DLC achievements are added to my gamercard as incomplete when I don’t have the DLC though.