Fri, Aug 20, 2010 | 13:49 BST
10 new advanced classes revealed for SWTOR
BioWare has revealed the names and descriptions of ten new advanced classes for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The list was shown during BioWare’s gamecom presentation, with Blaine Christine explaining details on how Imperial Agent characters will have the choice between specializing as snipers or operatives; Troopers having the choice between commandos and vanguard and Bounty Hunters being able to choose between powertech & mercenary.
There is also a choice of two selections for the Sith Inquisitor class and the Jedi Consular.
Here is a full list and short description of each class courtesy of Darth Hater.
- Imperial Agent – Operative (uses blaster rifle or energy blade, stealth, burst ranged damage) & Sniper (sniper rifle, dps – counterpart of Gunslinger)
- Sith Inquisitor – Sorcerer (force damage, single bladed lightsaber) & Assassin (double bladed lightsaber, stealth, burst damage)
- Bounty Hunter – Powertech & Mercenary
- Jedi Consular – Shadow (double-bladed lightsaber) & Wizard (healing / single lightsaber)
- Trooper – Commando (heavy armor, tank) & Vanguard (dps)
Currently in Beta, Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected sometime next spring.
Check out the latest trailer for the game here.