Enslaved gameplay videos shows Trip, Monkey

Thursday, 19th August 2010 12:53 GMT By Joe Anderson

enslaved

Namco has released two new videos for Enslaved, showing gameplay for each character in the game.

In the first video we see Trip building a robotic dragonfly and then using it to spy on the enemy, while the second video shows Monkey taking on an oversized robot.

It’s impressive stuff.

Enslaved, a modern twist on the old Chinese tale Journey to the West, releases on October 8 for PS3 and 360.

Check out the videos below.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. Johnny Cullen

I’m gonna be seeing this in two hours, and I might have an interview too. Anyone have questions?

2. LePlatypus

I have one.

What makes this different for it to be able to compete against this years blockbuster games like Black Ops, Reach and Medal of Honor?

3. StolenGlory

Cool. Yep, I have one. With Enslaved, how did they go about improving on the visually-impressive, but clunky combat that we saw in Heavenly Sword?

Cheers JC!

4. Blerk

What’s the ratio of “explorey/puzzling” to “combat”?

And does Pigsy have a cameo?

5. Suikoden Fan

@LePlatypus going by the games you mentioned, i’d say the fact its not a fps.

6. zoopdeloop

Which is the lead platform they chose to go for the development?
    I assume 360 since Ninja Theory already stated that it was way to difficult developing Heavenly Sword on the ps3.

7. SuperJollyGreenGiant

Yes, please ask why the art director decided to use ALL the colours ALL the time. Can’t say anything about the game at this point but the graphics looks like technicolour vomit

8. StolenGlory

Surely PS3 would be the lead platform seeing as that is where a lot of their previous experience lies?

I might be wrong though.

9. zoopdeloop

@8 Don’t know judging from how things went with Sony(they got pressured a lot by them)and ended i wouldn’t be surprised if they chose 360 and pull out a “monkey” business on the ps3 port :P

10. OlderGamer

Honestly I have the same question as Blerk. Also is that Flacia Day on the VO? This is my first time reading anything about this game. I don’t often have much interest in most games from Namco.

And getting back to what Blerk said there is a reason. I looked at the video and the gameplay look horribly gimicky. Full of “puzzles” (like the finding the structural weakness with the fly thingie and then having to knock the sign down in order to advance. Or like when monkey is riding the nimbus thingie, and he has to collect those little mystic lightening balls thingies in order to keep flying …

It is all very nintendo to be honest. You know where your need to find the aqua fin in order for Link to swim in the lake in order to get to the underwater dungeon. I just don’t like crap like that anymore. Those videos remind me of that.

What I want in a game like this is more exploration, smooth combat, some sort of skill tree/level/char customization factors. Otherwise you left with a sense of do this then this followed by that in order to get past/discover/unlock/advance or whatever.

I call that too much game in the game. I know it is prolly me, but at this point I have little interst in such games. complete time sinks.

So I want to know how combat works and what how much of it there is.

11. mington

Why aren’t you in the street fighter x tekken conference?

12. Mike W

Yea John can you ask which version was the lead platform? Please…

13. Aimless

The game’s running on UE3, so normal rules apply: best case scenario it looks identical on both platforms, worst case it looks and performs worse on PS3 whilst packing a ridiculous install.

One would hope Ninja Theory’s prior experience would allow for the former.