Castlevania: Lords of Shadow dated, screened, awesome

Thursday, 19th August 2010 20:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

cvlos

Konami has sent over some lovely screens and a release date for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

It is to be releases for PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 5 in the US and October 7 in Europe.

The Mercury Steam title will also receive two DLC packs on both consoles sometime after release which will continue the story from the end of the game.

According to various reports, hits around the 20-hour mark, and Konami states it has “over 50 diverse and beautifully realized 3D stages, over 45 enemies, huge adversaries, and over 40 possible combo attacks that can be added to Gabriel’s arsenal”.

It will hit retail in a normal boxed edition, as well as a Limited edition which includes: the game (2 discs on 360), an art book, soundtrack, and special packaging – for an estimated $79.99.

Sounds fun.

Check out the screens below.

1. loki

nice/ it is only 1,5 month to wait this masterpeace

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Shiny, crisp, and colorful – looking good!

3. Happy Hardon Harry

loki said:
    August 19, 2010 at 8:42 pm
    nice/ it is only 1,5 month to wait this masterpeace

Masterpeace? Oh dear…

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Do we know if it’s 60FPS? I really hope so.

5. freedoms_stain

@3, you know he’s only saying that because there isn’t a PC tag on the article.

6. Gadzooks!

That looks fantastic! I seriously doubt those kind of visuals can be achieved at 60fps though, if those are indeed in-game shots.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Those are clearly in game shots and I agree they do look fantastic. Man i can’t wait for this one. Got my fingers crossed!

8. fear_itself

Yep, those are in game shots.

9. xino

as you can see, we can ride monsters like God of War.

No one will waste their money on the limited edition, except for the die hard fans of the franchise.

10. Suikoden Fan

is the collectors or limited edition coming out in the eu?

11. theevilaires

Hmmm looks good. Clearly those are the PS3 or PC screens, nice but not quite UC2 you know. But way to step it up. I guess that help from Kojima is paying off.

12. LOLshock94

u gotta love loki at times

13. Spaced Oddity

WOW! I am loving these screens! The detail is remarkable and love the variety of settings. This cannot possibly be anything other than PC screens, however, if it isn’t, I am impressed with what the makers of Clive Barker’s: Jericho have accomplished. Waiting on reviews before laying down the green for this game, but I am hopeful it turns out well.

14. Blerk

Still ‘mildly concerned’ about this one. I hope it turns out top-notch, but…. doubts.

15. spirit32

If you watch the trailer you’ll recognize it’s the x360 version and should say its stunning
    P.S: ofcourse it’s 30 fps

16. mington

A fast pace action adventure in really good looking environments =/= 20 hours long

I hope there isn’t lots of back tracking…

Maybe after 10 hours the game turns upside down and you play out the rest of the game on the ceiling :P

I think darksiders was 10 – 12 hours long :/

17. Michael O’Connor

Really looking forward to this. Big Castlevania fan, but I’m okay with a bit of reinvention.