Heroes of Might & Magic VI announced

Wednesday, 18th August 2010 08:49 GMT By Joe Anderson

m&mvi

Heroes of Might & Magic is back for a sixth series, as announced by Ubisoft during gamescom yesterday.

The title, which will be a turn-based game with elements of RPG,  is being developed by Black Hole Entertainment.

Might & Magic VI will take place 400 years before the events of the last title, revolving around “a family of heroes in a thrilling, epic story where Angels plot to revive an unfinished war.”

Check out the trailer below.

Might & Magic VI is due for release in 2011.

Thanks, Erthazus (via, Joystiq)

1. Erthazus

Yessshhh! Finally. Everything is great except of “Black Hole Entertainment”. These guys behind Warhammer:
    Mark of Chaos and Armies of Exigo. All games are decent at best. Thats not bad, but could be better.

This legendary title must have better developers. But i can always hope.

2. Joe Anderson

@1 just for you :)

3. Erthazus

@2 Thank you very much, sir :D

4. Gadzooks!

Oh how i would love a proper might and magic rpg, that and the wizardry series were some of my favourite ever games..

5. Suikoden Fan

i hope they dont take the piss with the difficulty, 5 got very hard quite fast

6. Old MacDonald

A couple of name-related mistakes in the article. It’s called Might & Magic Heroes VI, not Heroes of Might & Magic VI (no idea why). Also: “Might & Magic VI will take place 400 years”… there is already a game called Might & Magic VI; the Heroes-games are in fact spinoffs of the old M&M-series of role-playing games.

7. Mauller

I hope that the gameplay is closer to HOMM3. That’s still the best in the series in my opinion.

8. 2plus2equals5

I’m a fan of the saga! I want it on ps3(and psp)!
    Why m&m and hom&m don’t have console versions?

9. Gadzooks!

“Why m&m and hom&m don’t have console versions?”

I’m not convinced that M&M proper would really work on a console, unless it went back to being turn-based which I would absolutely LOVE.

HOM&M however would be a perfect fit for consoles. I really dont understand why they havent already got XBLA/PSN releases.

10. revolting

“Why m&m and hom&m don’t have console versions?”

Might and Magic: Dark Messiah came out on xbox 360. Unfortunately it was pretty rubbish, and not really anything to do with either M&M or HoM&M.

11. Gadzooks!

Yeah I wasnt impressed by M&M:DM either.