DICE promising “something great” for gamescom

Tuesday, 17th August 2010 00:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

DICE logo

Boom. We’re in Germany to see some bombs drop. So too is DICE. And it too may have an ace up its sleeve.

The Swedish developer has said it has “something great” for gamescom this week, according to Battlefield community lead, zh1nt0.

“As the preparations have been set and the ball is in motion, it’s safe to say we are going to have something great for people this year,” the community manager said.

What that exactly means is unknown, but that sounds a lot like Battlefield 3 talk to us, boy.

We’ll find out tomorrow. Myself, Pat and Keza MacDonald are in Cologne for EA’s press conference.

Get the details here.

Via Shack.

1. Eon

Yeah if it’s not Battlefield 3 then I don’t see what else could be classed as something great.

2. Aimless

Wouldn’t BFBC2: Vietnam be more likely? That’s supposed to be out this year, whilst BF3 will be next at the earliest.

3. b163oi

Sweet

4. JimFear666

They will announced that they now know how to do a game without a shitload of bugs!

5. LOLshock94

@2 agreed but it could be a trailer for BF3 if its BFBC3 then they better sort the fucking LM ive never been so angry at a game but BFBC2 is by far the most retarded weapon balance ever so DICE better make fucking balanced guns

6. Ahmad.com

Nice !!
    DICE is a Great Company
    We Are Wait For Gamescom

7. Scribe

For all the love that Mirror’s Edge gets on this site, nobody has mentioned Mirror’s Edge 2 yet? (=

8. Johnny Cullen

As much as I love Mirror’s Edge, with this coming from the Battlefield community manager, I highly doubt it’s ME2.

That said… *dreams of German reveal*

9. muffinmn100

i thinked i just crapped my pants

10. Robster1979

Bad Company 2: Vietnam has to be close on the horizon. If they release it after MoH and Black Ops it’ll flop so I’m expecting some gameplay and a date very soon.

11. Patrick Garratt

It’ll be Vietnam, surely?

12. mojo

@ 4:
    i would love that.
    BC2 is a fucking wasteland.
    I tell u what, ive played Counterstrike fpr nearly 4 years constantly 4-5 hours a day. A game on pc, on millions of different configurations.
    And i have played bc for now arround 2 months. all in all maybe 100 hours. A game on just 1 hardware.
    BC2 crashed far more often then css.

its just ridicoulus how bugged that game is.
    Even bloody obvious things like the game shows u a win screen when ur team lost..

13. Robster1979

@12 I decided that must be some sort of joke that I just dont get. The V1.04 patch brought with it a whole host of bugs that I imagine would be pretty simple to fix. 2 months on and they are all still there so perhaps not.

Its still a great game tho, the bugs just make me laugh now, especially when it says I’ve lost the game and other friends in the same squad get the win. Its a guessing game built into the end of each round :-)

14. Blerk

In my dreams, it’s Mirror’s Edge 2. In reality it isn’t. :-(

15. Erthazus

I want to see Battlefield 3.

Well, Mirrors Edge would be perfect too.

16. SplatteredHouse

If there’s a new Mirror’s Edge, I’ll be made up! :D

17. TIMCSS

Its going be the BFBC2 add on in vitinam

18. LOLshock94

hopefully its a patch which will make the fucking LWG in BFBC2 have recoil and make it fucking weaker cause i liked dice until they turn into fucking retards and made BFBC2 and made the LWG a gun which never recoils and takes 10 shots to kill you now that is some shit that id expect infinitward to do but i never new dice could be so fucking thick

19. LePlatypus

@18 do you really need to swear so much literally every other post I see of yours is swearing. Swearing doesn’t make you look like a big man on the internet

20. LOLshock94

its probely because ive never been so angry at at a game (BFBC2)