Metroid: Other M trailer shows kick ass action

Monday, 16th August 2010 06:34 GMT By Joe Anderson

Metroid Other M Logo

A new trailer for Metroid: Other M has appeared, showing the games main character Samus taking on a whole host of bad guys.

The footage also shows Samus rolling up into a ball to squeeze through small spaces, swinging over lava filled chasms and generally just kicking ass in what is a fast paced, action packed trailer.

Check it out below.

Metroid: Other M is release in the UK on September 3.

1. Boris Fett

I want this game more than a 50 year old virgin wants sex.

2. onlineatron

I’m not sure that analogy works. After such a long while NOT having sex, a 50-year old virgin may have come to the terms with his predicament and learned to focus his attention elsewhere. He may also be petrified at the faintest idea of pleasing a partner and therefore not want to have intercourse.

/Over analytical, pedantic, been up since 6, thundercunt.

(PS. the game strikes an odd balance between ‘awesome, can’t wait’ and ‘jeeez, they’re going to f it up big time’).

3. onlineatron

Oh and Mr. Anderson… It’s monday,you should not be posting!

I have it on good authority (VG247 WIKI) that you are a Sunday contributor… How could you betray my faith in user-edited databases like this?!

;)

4. Johnny Cullen

:D

Joe’s gonna be writing for us for gamescom as well with Steph as our off-site staff, while me and Pat go eat German sausages.

5. mescalineeyes

If that 50 year old virgin wanted sex so badly he would’ve gotten it by now, I think.

6. frostquake

Does anyone have a shot of the back of the box for Metroid other M. I would like to know if I can use my GameCube Controller or the Classic Controller..or if I am forced into using my WienerMote????

7. Boris Fett

@5 You’d be surprised how hard it can be for some people to get sex.

@6 I’m pretty certain it’s Wiimote only.

As I’m rambled on about before, everyone thought that Metroid Prime was going to “fuck up” the Metroid franchise. We all know what happened there…

8. onlineatron

I’m still not sold on the d-pad only movement. I can’t see any discernible reason, besides nostalgia, as to why they’d limit the control scheme that way.

Especially given how awful the Wii remote’s d-pad feels.

9. varsas

The Wii remote’s d-pad is bad? That’s news to me.

10. Kerplunk

@7 Metroid adaptations have gone wrong before – The DS outings, (Hunters, Pinball) were particular low-lights of the franchise. This is also a new and un-proven Metroid developer.

As a huge fan of classic Metroid gameplay, I am hoping for the best. The concerns expressed by others certainly hold merit though. Fingers crossed eh?

11. Blerk

This still looks nothing short of awful to me. Too fast, too ‘fighty’, too… wrong. Factor in the bizarre control scheme is it’s getting very hard to care at all. And I hadn’t noticed until just now just how horrible the monster designs were.

12. onlineatron

Perhaps it’s just me? But it’s far too small for my thumb, plus the edges are too sharp; the whole thing feels uncomfortable.

13. Kuwabara