Crysis 2 dated for March

Friday, 13th August 2010 17:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crysis25

Crytek’s just announced a March release for Crysis 2.

In the US, it’ll release on March 22, and in Europe on March 25 for PC, Xbox 360 andPS3.

Crytek announced the news via Twitter.

It was due by the end of this year, with its release even pushed up to autumn, but EA announced last week it had delayed the title into Q4 FY2011.

But all’s well that ends well, eh?

Thanks, Gamerzines.

1. ExclusivesMostly

I’ll be too busy playing Killzone 3 to even care.

2. theevilaires

Well lets be real….its going to out sell KZ3. I do believe though that KZ3 will beat it out every other way.

3. Erthazus

“I do believe though that KZ3 will beat it out every other way.”

on what for example? In the graphics department already no. fucking. way. ever.
    If Killzone 3 will be like Killzone 2, you can forget about it.

PS: It did 1.5 million on a PC side. Dream about it :) It sold very well and resonates with the PC crowd.

4. The Hindle

Nah Tea dont be so sure about that, the first Crysis did 1.5m same as Kz 2 i think.

5. AHA-Lambda

the same month as dragon age 2? yeah real smart move EA -_-

6. LoKo

Crysis 2 wont have better graphics that Killzone 3(on consoles) cuz its limited for the xbox 360… =)

7. theevilaires

yea but this time crysis is on 3 platforms. Maybe you guys misunderstood me lol. KZ3 graphics look better than KZ2 and I was comparing the console ver, not the PC ver in term of graphics.

(Good thing I didn’t add something about a certain races features in there… I would have came off as racist again from all that misunderstanding between you guys) :D

PEW! PEW! PEW!

8. night_ripper

I will be getting both killzone 3 and crysis 2 so it don’t really matter to me which game will have better graphics ill just kick back and relax and play both.

9. FurqanHBK

PS3 version of Crysis 2 is better then its Xbox counterpart according to Crytek

10. theevilaires

whatever I’ll believe it when I see it. Crytek wants to separate itself from the rest of the lazy 3rd party devs then we will see next March.

11. Redh3lix

Killzone 3 will look infinitely better than Crysis 2 ON CONSOLES. Crysis 2 will look better on PC (PC rig close to a grands worth of course).

12. Nico23

lol ill be too busy with killzone 3, however i will pick it up at a later date.

13. spiderLAW

Ditto. I will be WAY too busy with Killzone 3. Might pick this up somewhere near that following September though (for the PC).

14. ExclusivesMostly

@11: Agreed :)

15. Erthazus

@13 yeah, console versions are just ugly.

16. FadeLive

Well Killzone 2 was boring as shit for me so i’d take Crysis 2 over Killzone 3 if KZ3 is anything like KZ2.

17. spiderLAW

Well, Shit isnt boring to me at all.
    I love to squat over the john and release every so often. Nothing beats the feeling (except for xes) so i dont understand why you would pick Crysis 2 over “Shit Boring” killzone. LOL

18. theevilaires

KZ2 had its faults and that was it played safe with everything. As far as the general story its an interesting one that I hope they can really improve on.

I’m looking forward to Crysis also too. I don’t know what the hell its about and I’m very intrigued….tired of seeing NYC though :( now thats boring as shit.

19. albo88

kz3/ well just face it it looks good but they will drop the texture cos it laggs like shit in big explosions and trust me cos i see it at e3

20. albo88

i thing this is a good move from M$ cos rember that crytek works for them now

21. theevilaires

You saw finish code at E3 albo88? :D ….I think not my friend.

22. albo88

theevilaires
    that’s why i sayed they will drop the graphic
    just like they did with kz2 mgs4 and GOW3
    all this game looked way different then when we got it to play a home

23. WetSnake

Crysis 2 will have better graphics on the PC version….ofcourse.
    KZ3 will look better than Crysis 2 on the Console.
    Period.
    @albo88
    Explain me why Uncharted 2 had one of the best textures on a console, and didn’t lag on explosions like you said.
    Smart from you to judge over a pre alpha code game ;)

24. LOLshock94

be realistic here gears will beat KZ and crysis in sales but i think i wont be getting gears or killzone ill probely get crysis 2 the only one i played was warhead seemed pretty decent

25. ExclusivesMostly

albo88, you are a fucking idiot. GOW 3′s final code looked way better than the E3 code. Killzone 3′s code shown is pre alpha and it looks way better than crysis 2 on consoles. And it will look even better with it’s final code.

26. FadeLive

@18 I said it was boring for me not in general, the campaign was pretty sort, had really boring enviorments and the controlls wasn’t all that even if it was intended to give a feel of realism but im not gonna get stuck on that cause I got passed it after the first 10 minutes of gameplay. The multiplayer felt pretty standard class based action and I had other titles to hold me over for that.

But hey if thats what floats your boat then play KZ2, I just had tons of other games to play online that I felt were superior to me. CoD4, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2 and so on.

The reason I’m picking Crysis 2 over it is because how much I loved the approach of the missions in Crysis 1 and I hope they will go a similar route in the sequel. Killzone 2 on the other hand got pretty boring once the campaign was over sure I could replay it higher difficulties but eh. There wasn’t really any fun to replaying. While in Crysis there were tons of way to approach the seperate missions.

as far as graphics are concerned Crysis still blows me away to this very day in some places. Killzone 2 still looks brown and grey.

27. Erthazus

Oh fuckness, so much fanboys fighting here over graphical benchmark.
    For now, to be in all seriousness, Killzone 3 in that Pre Alpha code looks not better than Crysis 2 on consoles.

Killzone 3 still to this day uses sprite explosions and this is so bad looking compared to Crysis 2 on consoles. Then again textures looks like shit, of course not in the level of Crysis 2 where they look just horrible, at least Guerilla hide them with pallete and lightning.

Crysis 2 have only problems with textures that look awful, but they can fix that until release date and i’m more excited about Crysis 2 than Killzone 3 in terms of graphics on consoles. The only problem is anti-aliasing and textures.
    But doesKillzone 3 have destruction? No, it does not, does Killzone 3 have it’s own physics engine? Of course not, they use old Havok

So don’t even start a flamewar.

28. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Oh. My. Goodness. Shut the fuck about about which one will be better graphics/game for fucks sake you sound like a bunch of 12 year olds.

Grow up – buy both systems – BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

29. Redh3lix

I think it’s obvious this argument was brought about by the fact Crytek announced Crysis 2 would “set the graphical benchmark on consoles” (if you’ve been keeping up with the news). The older Killzone 2 STILL looks better that whetever I’ve seen of Crysis 2 so far, thus I laughed my little botty off at that particular claim.

Either way, Far Cry, Crysis and I suspect the new Crysis 2 are ALL very dull to play. Great graphics (on PC), but otherwise, nothing special.

30. ExclusivesMostly

Deleted: double post.

31. ExclusivesMostly

Like Redh3lix said “this argument was brought about by the fact Crytek announced Crysis 2 would “set the graphical benchmark on consoles” (if you’ve been keeping up with the news)”.
    I give credit where credits due but I’m not impressed by
    what I’ve seen from crysis 2 on consoles. Killzone 3 is already miles ahead of it. Erthazus, I think you’re still making comparisons with the PC version or maybe you need glasses

32. lucascane

I think Crysis2 looks better than KZ3 on console. These games have very different graphic style and I like Crysis2 more. Crysis2 has more photorealistic graphic and better lighting effect.

33. onyxbox

@Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ahmen!

34. Kuwabara

i watched all crysis 2 trailers on my hd bravia , in slow motion, and the game looks nowhere near as good as kz2 or kz3!!!