Uncharted 2 multiplayer skins and dynamic theme hitting next week

Thursday, 12th August 2010 22:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

uncharted2

Naughty Dog’s announced on the US PS Blog it will releases some multiplayer skins for Uncharted 2 next Tuesday, August 17.

Called the Sidekick Skins pack, it includes the following:

• Heist Chloe
  • Borneo Chloe
  • Borneo Sullivan
  • UDF Sullivan
  • Winter Sullivan
  • Wetsuit Elena
  • Dillon
  • Mac

On the same day, an UC2 Dynamic Theme for PS3 will also be released and it features a scene from Chapter 15 – Train Wrecked.

The Sidekick Skin Pack will run you $2.99 for the 8 skins, and the Theme will run you $2.99 as well.

Here’s some screens and a video.

1. albo88

lol who even plays this shit anymore lulz

2. TraceableX

^you’re stupid. this game is fun.

3. onlineatron

Haven’t played in a long while, and won’t be paying for pointless dlc.. but the game is hella fun.

4. Spaced Oddity

I still play this game. Sure, Naughty Dog really fucked the weapons balancing. Sure, I can’t find a match that doesn’t frustrate the hell out of me with its goddamn lag. Still, I continue to play this game.

I can easily pass on this DLC. Skins are such a throw-away. However, I wouldn’t mind seeing ND post more Doughnut skins (Elena mmm) for players above 60 to purchase from the shop. I’m hoping they don’t release more map packs as it already is hard enough to find people who even own the Drake’s Fortune and Siege packs.

5. night_ripper

@ 1 your loss its a great game and yeah im getting the new dlc uncharted 2 is still one of the top games on ps3

6. night_ripper

@ 1 why are you commenting on here anyway talk about a waste of time if you don’t like uncharted 2 then shut the hell up cause you have nothing important to add obviously

7. albo88

night_ripper

its not cos i dont like it i own the game is just is to much over rated btw 8 month or so and now they thing to bring some dlc
    epic fail

8. Spaced Oddity

@7 Overrated is your opinion. However, developers within the industry, journalists, other gamers, and the over 150+ awards received globally, not to mention numerous GOTY awards say differently. However, if you were to say GTA IV, sitting pretty with its 98 meta is overrated, I’d passionately support you on that.

According to you, in your infinite wisdom, you say Naughty Dog’s continued support for their title is an “epic fail.” I’d love to know your reasoning for this. Unlike developers such as SEGA and Rebellion, who abandon their games, leaving them broken, glitchy and sometimes unplayable messes, ND at least continues to tweak (though often foolishly) and fix their games with Title Updates (yet, seemingly ignore the most prevalent issues such as LAG and ignoring the majorities’ request of bringing 1.04′s perfect weapon balancing back). Some people might actually enjoy these skins DLCs, though I personally find it unnecessary.

9. Kuwabara

At 1, go and play ur shitty alan wake u xbot fag. If u owned the game, why the fk would u say , “now they bring dlc ” when theyve been doing since the release of the game? !!

10. LOLshock94

i think no1 means who plays the shitty multiplayer yes the single player was way good but multiplayer was nothing special it was just something which shouldnt of even been in the game

11. ExclusivesMostly

This is among the few games that I will NEVER sell/trade.

12. night_ripper

@ 10 I actually enjoy the multiplayer and will be playing it more soon with the new dlc i have a lot of friends who play the multiplayer too and love it as much as me

13. OlderGamer

#10 +1

14. Kuwabara

im uncharted’s biggest fan. Since i first saw uncharted: drakes fortune trailer at E3 back in 2006, before it eas even known as uncharted, i new the game will be big in the future and be fkning amazing, and i was right. Anyone hating on the multiplayer from uncharted 2 are buthurt 360 fanboys, or have no friends to enjoy the game with on ps3.

15. AHA-Lambda

@10 – actually i was surprised at how much i enjoyed the MP

tho yea still not getting this =|

16. spiderLAW

I havent bought any of the DLC’s except for the character pack that included Sev and Cole.(but i never buy DLC anyways)
    But i love playing the multiplayer. Saying that it wasnt special is just not right. As far as i know, there isnt any other game out there that plays the same way that Uncharted 2 multiplayer does. And ive never seen a multiplayer game look as good as UC2 does while in a multiplayer match. All games dumb down the graphics some to make it so the multiplayer doesnt get all laggy and jumbled up but UC2 didnt (thats why there are some lag issues really).
    I guess I could understand you saying that it isnt anything special if you are not that good at it.
    I have tons of multiplayer games and still i play UC2 more than the others. I have BF:BC2, MW2, COD:WAW, Transformers WFC, Gears of War 2, Halo 3, etc. and yet id rather play UC2′s muiltplayer.