Neil Young, Queensrÿche, more added to Warriors of Rock

Wednesday, 11th August 2010 18:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

neilyoung

Activision has announced more artists for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.

The list is below and it includes an awesome Queensrÿche song, Neil Young and some others.

Here’s the rundown:

• Anberlin – “The Feel Good Drag”
  • Arch Enemy – “Nemesis”
  • The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants”
  • John 5 – “Black Widow Of La Porte”
  • Neil Young – “Rockin’ In The Free World”
  • Orianthi – “Suffocated”
  • Queensrÿche – “Jet City Woman”
  • Red Rider – “Lunatic Fringe”
  • RX Bandits – “It’s Only Another Parsec…”
  • Snot – “Deadfall”
  • Tesla – “Modern Day Cowboy”

“It’s seriously a huge honor to be included in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock,” said Anberlin lead guitarist, Joey Milligan in the announcement.

“It is surreal to have our name next to so many great bands and amazing songs! I can’t wait to play this!”

We may have to as well, Joey, especially with Queensrÿche on there.

Warriors of Rock is out September 24 and 28 in the UK and US, respectively, for  PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 and has 95 tracks.

1. Robo_1

Operation Mindcrime or GTFO. :)

2. Stephany Nunneley

Operation: Mindcrime is indeed awesome. So was Empire though, as well as The Warning and Rage for Order.

I haven’t been too impressed with anything post-Empire though. Unfortunately.

3. Robo_1

They certainly had a dip after that (although parts of Promised Land were great), which culminated in the frankly awful Q2K, but whilst Tribe isn’t particularly wonderful, both Operation Mindcrime 2 and American Soldier have been a real return to form.

Saw them live when they performed Mindcrime 1 & 2 back to back, with all the theatrics. Amazing band. :)

4. Stephany Nunneley

I had tickets to see them when they were touring for Empire, third row at that, but had a bit of a “disagreement” with a male friend at the time and missed out on it. Jerk. :D

5. Tallon 4

As 1 said: bring on Mindcrime or numbers like ‘take hold of the flame’, ‘roads to madness’ etc.

The new Queensrÿche sucks comparing to the old. I went to see them here in Holland a few years ago ( Q2K tour ) after seeing the years ago ( Mindcrime ) and it was sad to see them performing for a few people with ‘bad’ songs.
    A month later I saw RUSH, also some old guys, but they rocked!

Damn, I wished they would play more of the old stuff

6. The_Deleted

I agree with No.1
    Arch Enemy, though. Sweet.
    Before they went up their own arses, too.

7. Zarckan

Operation Mindcrime in RB3 apparently

8. The_Deleted

Shit.
    Hot.

9. DSB

Prog that takes itself too seriously just puts me to sleep. I know that goes for 80% of the genre, but really.

The only stuff I can really stand is Beyond Twilight or Mekong Delta.

I wish someone would make a real metal game, but with Schafer dropping the ball on Brütal Legend, that’s gonna be at least another decade.