F.E.A.R. 3 video shows brotherly love

Wednesday, 11th August 2010 17:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fear3

Warner has released a new trailer for F.E.A.R. 3, and you can get it exclusively on Eurogamer.

It features some cutscenes, and Fettel possessing a solider as he goes on and on about he and Point Man being brothers.

Watch it here.

F.E.A.R. 3 is due for release this winter on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. AHA-Lambda

that was horrible just horrible

2. Stephany Nunneley

major family issues there…

3. Yoshi

I’m so confused with the FEAR storyline I should probz try out the first 2. Unless… anyone care to fill me in??

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

CG looks nice, too bad the gameplay is looking crap. If the game looked like :54 seconds in the video……that’d be wow. Fear 1 was fantastic, Fear 2 sucked, I got no hopes for Fear 3.

5. spiderLAW

@4 Im oppostie of you.
    I like F.E.A.R.2 over F.E.A.R.1
    I played F.E.A.R. when it came out and thought that it was just OK at best. It was kinda fun, the story was really cool, and the graphics were so-so. FEAR2 was really fun with its non stop action, the scary elements were cool (although not so scary but neither was the first 1), the story was decent and the graphics were so-so.

6. xavdeman

F.E.A.R. 1 and the first expansion were far superior to F.E.A.R. 2. The first one was scarier, smarter and stylistically superior. The sequel was a consolified mess, storyline wise too. Everything was happier and more colorful. Also the scared and mind games were mundane.
    This new game looks to mark the all time low for the series. Paxton Fettel has never had such uncool lines and walks like he has a stick up his ass. The protagonist from the first game looks like an idiot. Also nothing about this breathes horror or psychological thriller.

7. LOLshock94

fear 1 was scary fear 2 was full of action fear 3 shit

8. xavdeman

@#7 I agree wholeheartedly. What a shame to see a series with a great premise and first installment go to shit so quickly.

9. DSB

@6 You said it.

There was something seriously wrong with the art direction as well. When you hit someone in F.E.A.R. it looked gruesome, when you hit someone in F.E.A.R. 2, it was like a disco video.

And mechs… Really? Mechs? I’m so scared inside my big, impeccably armed killing machine.

Sheesh.

10. AHA-Lambda

@8 – got it on the head there

11. SavageD

I’m with #6 and #7.

FEAR 1 literally had me firing off at shadows on a regular basis, its ‘startle factor’ was so effective. Plus, it’s storied revelations of the treatment of Alma by her father was great to be a part of, especially in the final stages when she got her revenge.

FEAR 1, expansion 1- well I quite liked that, with one exception (the uplifting Alma scene- WTF?). The hospital level I remember in particular, as well as the way in which your team-mates met their respective grisely ends. It seemed a fitting premise for an addon- the city just got ruined, good luck trying to find a way out now that Alma’s loose!

With FEAR 2 I enjoyed shooting guys in the head through my scoped weapons, but with the exception of the ‘school’ level I thought it a little underwhelming in the ‘FEAR’ department. And the ‘explanation’ for the protagonists bullet-time ability was crap.

FEAR 3? I still wish I’d never watched those ridiculous live action trailers. Rubbish.

The only good that can come of FEAR 3 is if someone decides to remake the original in the new engine ala Black Mesa for HL2.