Rumour – First Batman: Arkham City details emerge from GI

Tuesday, 10th August 2010 14:32 GMT By Johnny Cullen

arkham city

That didn’t last too long, did it?

The quickly and aptly-named ArkhamCity.co.uk has gained the first details on its namesake from the latest issue of Game Informer.

The story sees Two-Face trying to assassinate Catwoman to get respect in the criminal underworld while inside Arkham.

As for the whole Arkham Asylum-Arkham City thing itself, Black Rock prison and Arkham itself is “unfit” to hold inmates, so Quincy Sharp, who was running for mayor in the original but isn’t anymore, has bought off a part of the slums and walls it off to create Arkham City.

Hugo Strange will be in charge of Arkham City, according to the mag.

As for gameplay changes, all the gadgets you collected during Arkham Asylum will be available to you at the start of the sequel.

You’ll also have more puzzles, more Riddler challenges, both of which come back from the original, and side missions which are new to the series.

This time around, Batman can counter two attacks instead of just one, and he also has a smoke bomb.

Gangs will also roam about the city, with info collected onto Batman’s criminal database.

Earlier this morning, it emerged a secret area in Arkham Asyum was holding a blueprint and concept art of Arkham City

The Rocksteady sequel was announced last week for a fall 2011 release on PS3, 360 and PC.

1. LePlatypus

Cannot wait for this

2. JonFE

It’s a long time till Fall 2011, but I can hardly wait. Batman: AA was a sleeper hit for me last summer and I look forward this sequel.

3. mington

All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.

….but for how long :P

4. mington

the zip line was awesome! having that all game would be really good

5. freedoms_stain

I would like a buttom that makes him say “I’m the goddamn Batman!”

6. alimokrane

Game of the year 2011. I called it!

7. mington

Press select to say “SWEAR TO ME”

8. theevilaires

It would be much better if you stop reading stuff about it too LePlatypus :) I’m gonna treat this game like MGS games. I don’t want to know anything about it until I have it in my hands playing it.

Arkhum Asylum was so good because no one really gave it much attention because they thought it would be shit like every other batman game before it. I know that’s what I did. But once I played it without knowing what it was really about it was of the best joys in 2009 for me. (Darksiders too).

Moral of the story try not to spoil yourself on all the little details so soon. Even if they kept the combat the same (can’t get my damn platinum for nothing :( ) the game is probably still going to be a great contender for GOTY in 2011.

9. AHA-Lambda

ZOMG cant wait for this!! :D

PS: who on earth thought it was a good idea to section off a part of a city for nutcases? How would you control that? O_o

then again quincy sharp never struck me as the brightest :P

10. Detale

Those last combat challenges still eluding you TEA? I managed to get the hang of those in the end, but struggled with the stealth challenges, so kind of gave up on the platinum trophy.

They’ve got a lot to live up to, AA was my favourite game of last year behind Uncharted 2.

11. Hunam

/polishes 1000/1000GS medal for Batman AA

:D

Loved it.

12. Dr.Freeman

“and side missions which are new to the series.” this means that i’ll be more free roamly than AA which is sooooooo promising, n if it’s big we’ll need some transportation stuff, right Rocksteady ;)

13. EscoBlades

@5: Love it!

14. The Hindle

They should have made this no mans land, instead of doing another game based around the arkham storyline. A bit of a let down for me.

15. Yoshi

SEXUAL!!!!!!!! I’m sure looking forward to this 1 <3 Rocksteady

16. The Hindle

Ive just seen pictures of two face and catwoman and they have nailed two faces look, he looks exactly like he does in the 90s cartoon series.

17. Boris Fett

Got a link, Hindle?

18. The Hindle

Sure

19. Boris Fett

Danke!

20. Callum

Is AA worth picking up? I’ve seen it floating around on PC for in and around £10? I just saved myself a £10er on Halo:Reach pre-order so I got money to burn!

21. AHA-Lambda

GET IT, GET IT NAO!!

22. LOLshock94

this was fun until you defeated posion ivy then they game was just meh

23. Gekidami

I just hope there arent any ‘throw batarang at charging enemy, enemy crashes into wall, punch stunned enemy’ moments. The first one had enought of that already.