Split/Second DLC hitting later this month

Saturday, 7th August 2010 23:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

splitsecond

Black Rock has announced over on the official Facebook page for Split/Second three DLC packs for the racer.

Expected later this month, the first pack has new liveries to “really make your turbo-powered Elite vehicles stand out from the rest of the crowd”, while the second pack will be a “entirely new vehicle offering” called the High Octane Supercar Pack which is in the screen above.

Finally, as a way of saying “thanks to the community”, a free special edition based on the original Ryback Cyclone will be made available.

The packs will be made available on XBL and PSN in “the next couple of weeks”, and a major DLC pack featuring a new environment is coming in September.

Sounds lovely.

The PSP version of the game is expected to hit stores around the holidays.

1. The_Deleted

Typical. Just fucked the game off because the DLC was so long in coming.
    Blur is kicking it’s arse gameplay wise, though.

2. xino

same here…sold the game.
    content wasn’t enough

3. TraceableX

this shit and blur are crap. blur have bad graphics, but the gameplay is fun with people. cheap game.

they don’t even deserve the full price, not to mention the crap of this gen, aka: DLCs

4. Robo_1

I’ll take the new environment, providing it’s priced reasonably. The vehicle packs I can take or leave though.

5. Tallon 4

This DLC is ass though…only DLC I am interested in are new tracks. They are the star of the S/S show

6. The_Deleted

The games are two sides of the same coin. Spilt / Second is a one night stand to Blurs long term relationship.

Not that there is anything wrong with a one night stand.

7. TraceableX

“Both BLUR and Split/Second are great games. WTF are you guys talking about? Spoiled kids.”

Great? You seriously need to play more racing games.

THEY ARE CHEAP.

8. Tallon 4

@7 : I played more racing games than you can ever imagine, so please don’t talk about experience.

The fact is, they’re great ARCADE racers. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m not comparing them with the likes of Gran Turismo, Richard Burns Rally, Forza, GTR2, RACE or whatever ‘sim’ you are talking about.

So, YOU ARE CHEAP and ignorant because you don’t understand that these games don’t pretend to be a sim.

9. The_Deleted

Trace: you seriously need to take your head out your ass.
    Just because people enjoy S/S or Blur doesn’t mean they won’t enjoy the challenge of other racers.

10. TraceableX

Tallon 4: did I mentioned simulator word here?
    I was talking about that kind of racing games. But I’m not going to talk about it with a guy who finds those games are GREAT.

The_Deleted: it’s a matter of opinion.

Even Most Wanted (which it is a 2005 game) have better graphics than blur-shit

11. EscoBlades

Split Second > Blur.

12. Psychotext

I thought they were both awful, but I’m dead inside so pay no attention to me.

13. OlderGamer

I am with PT, I didn’t enjoy either game.

The arcade racer I am enjoying right now is Hydro Thunder: Hurrican on XBL. Call me crazy I guess.

14. The_Deleted

Trace: Your opinion seems to be that unless the graphics are Gran Turismo levels then ‘it’s shit’.
    Both games are enjoyable for what they are. I really don’t see the issue with the graphics for either game.

15. Gheritt White

I love Split/Second dearly (it’s my fave racer since WipeOut 2097), but it does desperately need some new tracks.I can draw enough joy from the split-screen multi-player until they arrive to forego trading it in, though.

16. varsas

@TraceableX: So what are your top 3 arcade style racing games at the moment? It would be interesting to know what you think is a good game if you consider split/second and blur to be far below par.