Warriors of Rock gets a date with the UK

Friday, 6th August 2010 14:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

warriorsofrock

Activision’s dropped a UK date for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, which means you need to mark your calenders for September 24.

Like the US version, which hits on September 28, the first million units will be bundled with the first Soundgarden album to be released in 10 years.

Titled Telephantasm: A Retrospective, it’s basically a greatest hits compilation with a few deep cuts, and bundling it with Warriors of Rock gives it automatic platinum status.

“There are a lot of different ways to get your music out (and) … this clearly to me is one way to do that,” lead singer Chris Cornell told USA Today. “Guitar Hero has actually turned on a lot of young music fans to music that they otherwise might not have ever heard.”

Here’s the track listing per Spin:

• Hunted Down
  • Hands All Over
  • Outshined
  • Rusty Cage
  • Birth Ritual
  • Black Hole Sun
  • Spoonman
  • My Wave
  • Fell On Black Days
  • Burden In My Hand
  • Blow Up The Outside World
  • Black Rain (Previously Unreleased)

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will be released for PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 and has 95 tracks on it.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Hunam

Despite the wanky sounding rush song, it looks to be half decent this year.

Plus, I’m glad there is only 1 of them this year.

2. AHA-Lambda

umm…bit soon eh?

is this activisions new tactic? Dont tell anyone your game is coming out until about a month before unless your name is CoD?

3. Blerk

I’m thinking about getting a guitar controller so me and the kids can play these games. Do I want a Guitar Hero guitar or a Rock Band guitar?

4. Freek

It’s cross compatible so it doesn’t really matter, although you did used to read allot about the Guitar Hero guitars being a little better quality.
    And Rockband having the better drum kitt.

5. mington

sorted

6. Blerk

It’s the ‘quality’ thing I was really interested in, i.e. is one a better build than the other. Guitar Hero ones are better, then?

7. Freek

Supposedly. Although personaly, I prefer the Guitar Hero 3 version above the GH 5 one. The fret buttons are a little nicer and the touch pad is entirely pointless, IMHO.

8. mington

i had the white wired guitar that came with GH2 and that lasted me with no trouble until i bought the whole bad with GH5, GH5 guitar started to give up the ghost a bit after some abuse

if you are worried about price i’d suggest hunting down one of the wired white guitars, there must be millions around unused, as i got one free with the GH5 band bundle and never used it until i sold it

9. mington

this bad boy….although thats really expensive, i sold 3 guitars, drum kit, mic and three games for 55…i’m a fucking mug

10. Stephany Nunneley

@8 I love my GH2 guitar. Much better than my RB2 one. The buttons aren’t as fussy, and there is zero delay.

11. Blerk

Wired’s never a good idea with the kids in tow! They tend to get… overexcited. And forget things are plugged in.

12. Hunam

Activision do have an amazing customer service and repair/returns policy for GH stuff though. They’ll swap it out no fuss and just send you a brand new guitar if anything goes wrong with yours. You can do it all over the web in 5 minutes too. So basically, platic guitars breaking in the first year at least is not much of a deal. Just keep your receipt :)

13. Hunam

Although I admit the GH3 guitars are the best ones :)

14. Blerk

This is all useful information. Thanks, chaps!

15. freedoms_stain

I was looking in to the whole music game thing recently and general consensus seems to be that most people prefer GH instruments but RB games.

Seems impossible to get anything but Beatles RB at the moment, presumably because the next installments are around the corner, missed he old editions going cheap :(