Mafia II trailer is wise, guy

Monday, 2nd August 2010 11:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mafia II

GT’s gotten up a new trailer of Mafia II, showing the grimy side of being a 1940s Italian gangster.

The clip, which was shown on GTTV on Saturday, shows robbery, bribing cops, burying bodies, shoot-outs and throwing people out of windows. Everyday stuff.

This one’s not too far out now: demo’s out next Tuesday on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam.

The game itself releases on August 27 for PS3, 360 and PC in the UK.

1. Crysis

looks great, unfortunately i’ve heard the story is incredibly linear, wonder if i can atleast free roam

2. Droid

Peachy.

3. Quiiick

Fantastic Trailer!
    Very nice blending of different scenes/scenarios.

4. Moonwalker1982

Yeah but i don’t understand that, what do they mean with the story is linear? It’s just a Mafia story, what more do the want? Wasn’t this also said by OXM? They give it a 7, right? They also gave Dead Space a 6,5 at the time. All i can say is ’nuff said’ after that, lol.

Pc Zone gave it a 8 and most of the time was very positive about it.

5. Crysis

Linear as in straight-forward, there’s the story, but no side missions or anything like that, which is confusng to me since this is an open environment, right?

6. Dr.Freeman

linear in an open world, i dont n wont get this.

7. LOLshock94

@moonwalker OXM also give dante’s inferno a 9 by saying its a god of war beater

why buy shitty magazines like OXM when all they do is spread shit

8. No_PUDding

Truly dynamic storytelling resonates with the audience, but is very rarely realised

Authorial storytelling is consistently realised, but resonance depends on the audience, author and story.

This hat is for donations, thanks for listening.

9. DeSpiritusBellum

@5 That’s what has me worried about this game too. I always thought the beauty of an open world game was the sandbox element. GTA IV wasn’t a lot of fun to roam around in because the game was all leveled towards that “super serious eastern european immigrant simulator”, I hope Mafia II doesn’t make the same mistake.

10. Crysis

i give saints row credit, it has tonnes of things to do @ any time you feel like it, but i know this is a much more mature game, i just like a little freedom to it, though i do think saints row could have done more than the one side mission (with Julius), but that’s just my opinion, my point is all those extra activities give the game some serious replay value, but it’s normally the story which makes me pick it up in the first place, which saints row’s was boring & unrealistic but the xtra shit keeps me hangin around

11. DeSpiritusBellum

@10 Totally.

I took the bait and bought Just Cause 2 over the weekend, and for the first time in any game, ever, I found myself standing on top of a flying private jet, shooting a grappling hook at another private jet flying by, pulling myself in and ripping the door open to hijack it in midair.

Is it stupid? Yes. Is it unbelievable? Yes. Is it insanely gratifying? Fuck yeah!

That’s what sandbox is about to me. That being said, Mafia II looks a lot more focused than GTA IV, it’s not trying to reinvent anything, and everyone loves a mob story. I’m looking forward to the demo.