Metroid: Other M trailer has things going bang

Wednesday, 28th July 2010 13:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Metroid Other M 4

Nintendo’s released a new trailer of Metroid: Other M ahead of its release in the US at the end of next month.

In a nutshell, it features stuff that goes bang. Very loudly. That’s an automatic reason to watch the clip below, thanks to Evil Avatar.

Metroid: Other M releases in the US on August 31, with a Japanese release on September 2 for Wii.

It comes to the UK on September 3.

1. Tonka

I hate the “look” of this.

2. Blerk

I hate the whole idea of this. :-(

3. Tadeg_Gamebox24

mediocre

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Looks decent. Oddly kind of reminds me of Shadow Complex in a slight manner.

5. Happy Hardon Harry

Wow, what’s with all the hate? Some on here wouldn’t know a good game if it came up and bit them on the arse!

6. Blerk

It’s by Team Ninja, it has an awful-sounding control method, and it has 15+ minute cut-scenes. What’s to like?

7. Happy Hardon Harry

No, it’s a collaboration by Nintendo and Team Ninja. Let’s just wait until the game is released (and you’ve played it!) before making silly conclusions.

it has an awful-sounding control method

Aye…right.

8. Blerk

No, really. It does.

The fact that every single preview so far has been “lukewarm at best” doesn’t exactly instil confidence.

9. Happy Hardon Harry

So all your bullshit spiel is based on a preview. WTF.

Seriously, wait until the game is released and you’ve actually played it. Then draw up your own conclusions about the title. It’s called thinking for yourself!

Drawing conclusions from a preview is just stupid…

Remember, gaming journalist are incompetent assholes.

10. Blerk

Have you played it?

11. Bloodyghost

The game looks great but nothing I am willing to buy.

I can not really get happy for a Team Ninja game especially a Metriod game that is not Metriod Prime.

The game looks decent but I was hoping Metriod Prime Devs could of handled this game and its story.

12. Happy Hardon Harry

I’m waiting until the game is released, i’ll play it myself and make my own conclusions from the experience.

Why write a game off if you haven’t played it?

Also, i don’t trust gaming journalists as most of them are incompetent assholes and i wouldn’t trust their judgement if my life depended on it.

13. Bloodyghost

@12 and @10 Everyone has there own opinions okay?

14. Blerk

Because it looks/sounds rubbish?

15. Happy Hardon Harry

Oh dear..

16. Blerk

So it’s not okay for me to look at the released media, watch the released videos, read the previews and decide that it doesn’t sound very good, but it is okay for you to do the same and decide that it does?

I can only base my pre-release opinion on the stuff that they tell us about the game before it’s actually out. And if I don’t like that stuff, I’m not likely to play it, am I?

You wouldn’t drink the milk if it smelled off.

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I have to say, COD:BO for the DS looks like rubbish. This? Not so much. This game looks decent. I don’t even own a Wii, but if I ever did, I’d probably give this a shot as a Metroid fan. I kinda like how they’re trying to combine 3D and 2D. Just my two cents.

18. Blerk

Here, have a rather downbeat Kotaku preview.

19. Callum

Does it make me a sexist if I hate this?

20. Boris Fett

I imagine there are a few people here too young (or with too short an attention span) to remember when Metroid Prime was original announced.

Do you know what everyone did? They bitched and whine about the fact that Nintendo weren’t making it, they bitched and whined about the “horrible sounding control scheme”, and they bitched and whined that it wasn’t like past Metroid games.

The media was especially cruel towards the game before its released. And do you remember what the final result was despite that fact? One of the most critical acclaimed games of that console generation.

Ignoring the fact that Nintendo has full creative control over this, as they have *always* had with any games that source out to other developers, and will supersede any decisions made by them until they are satisfied with the game, it’s not Team Ninja is a bad development company. They know how to make functional, tight gameplay mechanics. And Nintendo are masters of that domain as well.

@16. There’s one problem with your metaphor Blerk. You haven’t smelt this milk.

It’s a pity Nintendo don’t do Wii demos. It would be a great help for wary gamers such as yourself. That way you would at least have the chance to find out for yourself if it lives up to its potential or not.

21. xino