Nice bit of assets released for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Friday, 23rd July 2010 15:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Kingdoms of Amalur

38 Studios and Big Head Games have released quite a few screenshots and bits of artwork from Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

There’s also a cinematic trailer for it – all below the break.

The single-player RPG, “sets players on a heroic journey to unlock the mysteries of Amalur. Amalur is a magical world, filled with strange landscapes, exotic cities, colorful characters and terrifying creatures.”

The game was formally revealed at Comic-Con, and will be out in the fall for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. Blerk

Quite interested in this, it’s got a very decent pedigree. Would’ve been nice to see a bit of actual game, though.

2. freedoms_stain

Trailers like this piss me off.

It’s essentially an expensive way of saying “we’ve got a game coming out” without showing you any of said game.

3. No_PUDding

I’m interested too. Bu good luck topping the Elder Scrolls lore in 2 years Mr R.A Salvatore and Co.

Also, reading the interview these guys did, it seems to be the exact opposite of Demon’s Souls, in the ‘action vs RPG’ design scale.

Which is always cool. I love diversity. Demon’s Souls defintely had better sounding ‘narrator woman’ though. :D

4. DeSpiritusBellum

*Major edit* I had no fucking idea this wasn’t an MMORPG.

It still looks derivative, and the video is still a lot worse than the ones in Diablo II though. I thought 38 Studios were an MMORPG developer?

5. NinjaMidget

Love R.A Salvatore, but when in the hell are we going to see a game about his best creation!?!

Looks ok I suppose…

6. Anders

Looks pretty dull imo.

7. Erthazus

@NinjaMidget, lets face it. Latest R.A. Salvatore books sucks massive elephant ass compared to the first books.

I don’t know. Maybe the story is going to be amazing, or maybe not.

8. frostquake

Todd McFarlane has me a bit concerned he did a game I bought called “McFarlane’s Evil Prophecy” on the PS2, if I recall right? I do remember that the game was HORRIBLE….it was almost broken and unplayable…so just seeing a Cut-Scene will in NOOOO way convince me about this game! I must See Game Play!!!!!!