LittleBigPlanet 2 dated for November 16 in US, gets Collector’s Edition

Friday, 23rd July 2010 15:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

lbp21

SCEA’s announced an November 16 release for LittleBigPlanet 2, as well as confirming a collector’s edition for the game.

The Media Molecule DIY title was previously down for just November.

The collector’s edition, which will be “limited” according to SCEA, will feature:

• A copy of LBP2
  • 7′ Sackboy plushie
  • LBP game ends – “keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends”
  • A massive bootload of pre-order DLC, including:
    Toy Story 3 Aliens costume
    Tron: Legacy Clu costume
    Muppets Great Gonzo costume
    Ratchet costume
    Clank costume
    Even More Animals costumes: Crocodile, Vulture, Cobra, Mandrill
  • And two costumes exclusive to the CE:
    Jak costume
    Daxter costume
  • Five LBP2 avatars for PSN

The set will set you back $79.99. Seems worth it in our book.

We’ll get on the phone to SCEE know about what its plans are for here.

Thanks, US PS Blog.

1. theevilaires

I think February would have been a better release date. COD vs this?…..I don’t know SONY :(

2. daytripper

not everyone plays call of duty tea, i’m glad someones finally stood up to this call of duty shit and say, we’ve got a good product, fuck you we’re not scared. now if only sony can actually market the game properly.

3. Joe Anderson

@1 This game kicks COD ass in my opinion, I’ve only played a bit but its amazing.

4. Erthazus

LittleBigPlanet 2 >>>> Any Call OF duty title to date combined.

5. theevilaires

No game out there is as ambitious and has more value than LBP2. With that said the masses still won’t care. You know it and I know it. there’s just too many gamers out there who prefer to destroy than create.

Society as a whole in general are just followers and unless we have more leaders (Syrok for example) to create the user generated content to attract the followers then I just don’t see people favoring this over COD:BO.

You can throw last years new IP, Borderlands vs MW2 out there but they were both FPS so Borderlands had a better chance. A fairly new genre going up against the current heavy weight FPS genre this gen….I don’t know :(

People should gravitate more to LBP2 but life isn’t fair either.

6. onlineatron

EDIT: Those Bookends look amazing!

7. daytripper

we need more games like little big planet, i’m not against first person shooters totally only because of games like Half Life but the call of duty stuff, i’m sorry i just couldnt go around the same maps for 12 months shooting people and hearing kids/grown men crying over campers.

if the gaming industry wants to excel it needs more people to be less followers and put the money where its most needed – creativity, innovation and talent. not just copy and paste jobs with guns and a first person view.

8. freedoms_stain

@7, I’m not a religeous man but: Amen Brother.

One of my mates went through a rough patch with his connection, went away for a few days, came back, connection sorted, back on the MW2 for 6 hours a day.

I just don’t get it.

9. Detale

I’m all over that Collector’s Edition, looks great.

10. get2sammyb

It’s not like this is even competing with Call Of Duty anyway. I say fair play to Sony and Media Molecule. Get it out there. Day one here.

11. Xuchilbara

@6 – thanks for the pic!

This is one MUST HAVE collectors edition! You get a TON of content and non in game items… Not just one in game gun or some crap map.

12. NinjaMidget

Soooooooooo want a European collectors edition to come out with as much (possibly more) of stuff, there.

Bookends look awesome and all the DLC is pretty good, but where in the hell was the final fantasy 7 costumes promised!

I shouldn’t complain, we get enough anyway. I agree with all comments here, COD needs to go away for a few years and become original again!

13. AHA-Lambda

“7′ Sackboy plushie”

FUCKIN WANT!!!!!

@12 – blame squareenix for the FF7 costumes =/

14. Erthazus

FUCKNESS, who saw Sackboy plushie? O_O Show me where it is? Where is the picture!?

15. AHA-Lambda

its in number 6 post

16. Erthazus

Jeez, that thing just looks so cute, but i can’t afford like 4 collectors edition. I’m already buying Starcraft II CE, Gran Turismo 5 CE, World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm CE =\

17. The Hindle

I think the first LBP did pretty well didnt it and was launched at the same time so this should do good.

18. NinjaMidget

@12 I blame square-enix for a lot of things (ff 12 & 13), one more can’t hurt!

If you live in the UK, play.com are already selling sackboy plushies for about £15. But I might just wait for the collectors edition.

19. Gama_888

its a shame for little big planet 2 really,
    the masses all flock to re-hashed shit, while good games rarely get time of day
    its pathetic really

20. LOLshock94

cod is shit LBP i dunno it got really boring and i could never be bothered to make a map i dunno its good just boring and i would get the collectors edition if only elmo was init

21. ExclusivesMostly

@17: yeah it sold over 3 million.