US retailer lists Resistance 3, boxart shows New York background

Thursday, 22nd July 2010 19:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

r3 listing

See that boxart in that Resistance 3 listing. Notice anything familar?

eStarland has the Insomniac sequel listed on its website for a March 24, 2011 release.

But the kicker is the boxart. It shows off a direct-feed image of the logo that was shown on a billboard last September. The same one that hugely hinted at the game being set in New York.

Sony has yet to formally announce the game, let alone release any assets like the logo, so make of this as you will.

Until now, nothing has come up on Resistance 3 since before developer Insomniac Games announced it had signed a multi-platform deal with EA Partners: back in March, the game was mentioned in a survey.

gamescom? Don’t rule it out. We’ll drop an email to SCEE.

1. The Hindle

Im calling bullshit,

No 1 Kz 3 is out Feb 2011 so there is no chance it be out then.

No 2 Insominac are doing thier multiplatform project first.

So yea not happeninng for a while.

2. AHA-Lambda

yeah i call BS aswell march 2011 when its not been announced yet? not a chance

3. RETARDED VIKING

why does aliens and terrorists aways gotta fuck up my city?.

4. Erthazus

@1 They only started making new project + there are two teams making games.

One for Sony, other making for the EA Partners for 360 and PS3.

5. The Hindle

The multi plat project is coming first id say.

6. Johnny Cullen

The Insomniac lot in California are doing the EAP game.

From the EA press release at the time of the announcement:”The still unnamed title is in production at the company’s Burbank studio.”

The new one that opened a while back is probably doing R3.

7. spiderLAW

Resistance FOM>Resistance 2
    Here’s hoping 3 is better than 2.

8. Gama_888

hmmm, seems about the right timing for the game imo, but not really a good time to release.
    throwing another FPS in now is like putting a drop of water to fill a bucket, a very large bucket.

9. Erthazus

I played only Resistance 2. It was a trash game with pretty graphics at it’s time.

Never played FOM, but who knows… Maybe Resistance 3 will Top Uncharted 2 or something like that from Sony’s games.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Never liked Resistance series. Seemed average at best with very bland graphics. Just my opinion. I’ll still try R3 though having said that.

11. reask

Funny that 10 as I actually enjoyed r2.
    I found the weapons good fun and whilst it didnt produce anything ground breaking I just liked it for what it was really.

The zombies got to be a pain in the ass after a while but hey what game is perfect.

12. theevilaires

RFOM was the best thing Dr.G ….when there was nothing else for PS3 at the time :D made some good online friends in that game. Some that are even still on my friends list.

Whether you like the series or not it deserves a lot of respect for keeping the PS3 afloat back in 2006.

13. spiderLAW

Graphically, Resistance 1 and 2 were mediocre. In terms of gameplay, they were both average shooters BUT Resistance fall of man had a decent story, a decent online multiplayer, and most of the action was really fun. Resistance 2 took out the fun and replaced it with tedious and repetitive gameplay.

14. AHA-Lambda

@13 – pretty much this

15. reask

Amazing really how folks see things sometimes.
    I came at the PS3 only recently and have 1 and 2 yet I have only managed a couple of missions on 1 and put it away.
    Yet I played the whole of 2 and really liked it.

I actually think the trophy thing may have stopped me bothering to get into the actual game funny enough.

The same with MGS for me as I am so curious about that game but still have only played the demo.
    I sometimes wonder is there actually a market there for re releasing these older games with trophy’s?

I know it may sound silly to some but for me now cheevos and trophies enchance the game experience somehow.

I remember playing the last bond game and some of the cheevos actually enhanced the otherwise dull game play of the game such as the stealth parts.

Just a thought on my behalf but you would have to wonder would it be worth it to enhance these earlier games to a new audience.

16. ninjanutta

resistance 2 online crap???? are you mad,its 60 player for a start,and the co-op online is second to none inthe fps market,how many console games can handle non laggy 60 man online lobbies??,i recently started playing resistance 2 again and it looks really nice on my new tv where as i thought it was just ok on my 32 inch 720p tv,its a good game,i even won a compo and got a ps3,a psp resistance 2,resistance retribution and signed artwork from the devs from a gaming mag compo..that shocked me.anyway all my opinion as usual,each to his own and all that.

17. spiderLAW

I didnt say the online was crap for Resistance 2. But i also dont agree that it was great. 60 people or not, i didnt find it more interesting than the other FPS that were out at the time. Resistance FOM offered more because of its release. Had you bought the PS3 closer to launch you would have known that Resistance shined above the rest of the crap that was out for the power house (that was a weak house back then). When Resistance 2 came out there were far better experiences for the system that caused me to play through it with a feeling of boredom.

18. Kuwabara

Shut up folks. The only thing they messed up in the sequel was the shotgun. It felt much better in Resistance 1. And the graphics are better than gears of war atleast. if it wasnt for the motion blur and depth f field, gears would be an sub standard looking game. Seriously look at the colour palette in Resistance 2. In some levels it ranks among the best looking levels in any game this gen. Cant wait to see how resistance 3 will look, after uncharted 2 was released.

19. frostquake

R2 is the only Multiplayer PS3 game I still play online..I love this game…I won’t trade it in…I can play it over and over and over again and love it. I really REALLY want R3…Real bad! LOL

20. LOLshock94

as long as they change the shitty ugly graphics of RE then i might by if they have only made a lil changes then i aint by personnaly i thought the graphics were pretty shit when the first one came out

21. Funkyd

Resistance 2 was 10 times better than the original so I’ll probably give this a go. That is, if it’s not a rumour :P

22. Xuchilbara

If this game is as bad or worse than 2 was…. Count resistance out.

23. No_PUDding

Resistance Fall of Man, had it not been a launch title, hyped up to the earballs, could have been received so much better.

It was truly awesome. The weapons were literally the best weapons in any game, and the setting and atmosphere was great too.

24. Isaaclarke37

R1 was great, R2 was not bad.I was just surprised by the end.
    Hopefully this one is epic.

25. AHA-Lambda

insomniac game reveal on friday