New StarCraft II cinematic trailer asks “Is it completely epic in here, or is it just me?”

Thursday, 22nd July 2010 04:02 GMT By Nathan Grayson

stracraftII

Blizzard has released a new cinematic trailer. Yeah. Those of you in the know have probably already popped a giant bowl of popcorn and slipped on your thickest, longest pair of socks in a vain attempt to avoid having them knocked off and sent flying into the sun.

As for those of you who aren’t “in the know”? Well, there’s never a better time than the present. And unless you’re fighting an actual intergalactic space battle or you are Bruce Wayne, whatever you’re doing right now is guaranteed to be significantly less entertaining than this trailer. Check it out after the break.

1. _S_E_R_G_

EPIC!!!11one

2. Kuwabara

Fucking epic. wish it was on ps3 :(

3. Erthazus

@2 LOL?

YES! Queen Of blades will suck my Jim’s Rainor big… BIG GUN!

Can’t wait for this game. Especially the story. Can’t wait for the Samir Duran’s cryptic statements, can’t wait to find out the United Earth Directorate’s Expeditionary Force remains, can’t wait to see new epic characters that Blizzard created.

I so want this and going to play on MAX. I’m So Happy this summer.

Stupid XBLA and PSN games can fuck off! I’m happy!

4. macronia

nice to see strong PC love here

Can’t wait wait for the this game :D

Very Epic trailer .. my jaws keep falling Blizzard
    5 days to go :D

5. Quak0r

What?! this is only for PC?!

No buy for me since i can not afford a 10.000$ PC to actually run games.

6. ChaosSmurf

@5 you could run this on a $500 PC.

On high.

7. ChaosSmurf

Oh, I forgot to mention.

Fucking hell that was awesome.

8. LePlatypus

Ok then, I can safely say I will be getting this game. Ive ran a system test and i can run it but im not sure how well I can run it

9. RomaTotti10

Come on Blizzard please make a two hour movie like this and release it the cinema in 3D.

10. rainer

Good stuff looks very good story wise, though I think they are giving away too much of a hint that Raynor is going to Char to save Kerrigan where she was originally turned into a Zerg.

And yeah Blizzard definitely needs to team up with Pixar or some other studio and start doing proper CGI movies with its content.

11. ChaosSmurf

@rainer

Personally, I think they’re going to Char to detonate a nuke and take her and the rest of the Zerg out. The weird triangle thing they all stand around? The bomb. I’d be sure if the “nuke” shot we’ve seen many times (even as a wallpaper) didn’t have buildings in it (which aren’t present on Char, it never having been colonised by any race that needs to live in them)

I agree though, I really don’t want Kerrigan to be redeemed or any of that kind of shit. She’s much too badass for that.

Also yeah, Blizzard. Make a long movie. Spend your entire budget and 10 years making it. For the love of us all.

12. LOLshock94

i agree with 10

13. Psychotext

What 9 said basically. I’m not particularly into Starcraft (nor do I think it particularly needs a story), but I wouldn’t argue with seeing a movie done like that.

14. AHA-Lambda

EPIC!!!

Too bad i suck at starcraft and so aint getting it but i would like a movie of this too :(

15. deanimate

@6 are you crazy? #5 has got it spot on. I had to spend £25,000 building my PC just so it will run Starcraft II. If I want to run Crysis I will have to spend another £4000.

Phew! PC gaming sure is expensive

16. Quak0r

@15 I completely agree.
    I just spent 100,000$ upgrading my RAM and 750,000$ on a new CPU. I’m not looking forward to the 4,500,000$ investment for a new GFx Card

17. endgame

buying it.

p.s. http://www.vg247.com/2010/07/16/starcraft-ii-system-specs-revealed-by-blizzard/ so u could run this on a 200$ PC. ofc u can’t if u’re a console retard.

18. deanimate

rofl! “a console retard”.
    No subtlety required on vg247

19. jeremycafe

As much as a fail Battle.net 2.0 is, I really cannot wait for the single player.

20. OlderGamer

Battle.Net 2.0 is my only resurvation as well.

21. Boris Fett

I can run this on a €300 PC, never mind €500.

22. klewd

Am I the only one that’s not impressed? Sure it looks pretty, but the trailer itself is just one cheesy collection of scenes and dialogue. The pacing of the trailer didn’t seem right either, it was just jumping all the time.

23. Gundam

This game is so bought! The beta was awesome.

Collector’s Edition, here i come.