Kinectimals gets new video

Thursday, 22nd July 2010 18:36 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kinectimals

You can’t say interactive tigers aren’t fun. Especially Skittles.

Microsoft’s released a brand new video of Kinectimals.

Video pretty much explains itself, really. Little girl plays with the animal, plays dead and all that.

Still, go say hello to Skittles. Get it below.

Kinectimals, coming from David Braben’s Frontier Developments, releases this November alongside the release of Kinect on November 4 in the US.

No date yet for Europe for the motion camera, but it will cost £130 in the UK, and €150 in mainland Europe.

1. Erthazus

Only 149.99$

Family: Yaaay…

Wait… What?

2. The Hindle

Rare are working on this………………………..

3. Johnny Cullen

Rare’s doing Kinect Sports.

Frontier’s doing this.

4. The Hindle

/Looks at Kinect Sports

Rare are doing that……………………..

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

My vid won’t play :(

6. SinaGamer

7. shockzor

You know what would make children happier? An actual living animal. For less than $149.99, free actually, you can rescue a dog and teach your children the basics of taking care of a living creature.

8. Mattigan

Yeah and the Dog food’s free too….oh.

9. onlineatron

I love the graphical style… but further than that it doesn’t interest me at all.

I’ll most likely end up buying Kinect, but it will be for sports, adventures and future promise.

I’d love to own Move as well, but to get the set up I desire (4 controllers, 2 nav, camera and game) I would have to shell out £218.95!!!

10. mathare92

The little asian kid must really be hardcore,didn’t see her playing once…

11. theevilaires

Oh boy…..bet you won’t see the XBOT’s of this site touch this article comments :D (Even they’re too ashamed of M$ at this point)

Hey itsucks….is this better than AFRIKA :D

12. reask

Lol @ 7.
    What about the house training?
    The Pee and S**t?
    The hairs all over your house?
    Paying for boarding kennels when you go on hols?
    The smell?
    And last but not least, the walks.
    I have a King Charles and trust me it is like my third child.
    Oh I forgot to mention the garden and flowers.
    Give a dog a room full of lamp-posts and he is in heaven.
    Mind you I do have a soft spot for the little bugger. :)

13. Gadzooks!

Looks absolutely beautiful. I reckon Rare had a hand in the engine work. It looks very much like an updated Viva Pinata engine.

Not my cup of tea though.

If Kinect gets discounted quickly, and I reckon it will, then this game could sell reasonably well. There’s a market for it as EyePet proved.

14. Psychotext

If I get kinect I’ll probably give this a blast. I tried eyepet and that’s along similar lines.

15. Spaced Oddity

Can you believe this shit costs $60 in the States? Not only is the camera grossly overpriced, but so are the Kinect-exclusive games.

Please, don’t misunderstand my gripe as an attack on the quality of Kinectimals itself, as I’m sure children (and quite possibly zoophiles amirite) will no doubt have a blast, but I don’t see it, or any of the Kinect titles thus far, worth the price of a full game. Well, except Dance Central.

16. LOLshock94

what games has Frontier made if they made a good then i might forgive them

17. Spaced Oddity