Sledgehammer’s Schofield: EA “treated me like shit”

Wednesday, 21st July 2010 09:43 GMT By Johnny Cullen

sledgehammer

What are these things on our fingertips? They’re called claws. You need claws to cling on to burning bridges.

Sledgehammer Games boss Glenn Schofield has said via Twitter that when he was GM of EA’s Redwood studio, now more commonly known as Visceral Games, the company “treated” him “like shit.”

In a tweet, he said:

“Wow, a year ago today I left EA. What a day that was. They really treated me like shit even after creating Dead Space 4 them.”

He then added in a later tweet:

“Seems my tweet got some attention. Didn’t mean to. But after a year of EA bashing us it’s good to get it off my chest.”

Burn, innit. Just tread lightly at Activision, yeah? Infinity Ward says hi.

Sledgehammer is currently working on its first project, a new Call of Duty title, and has recently posted a job listing suggesting it’s working on another game for consoles.

1. Erthazus

Activision Versus Electronic Arts

Ta-da~~am. Activision like to play dirty after Infinity Ward incident.

2. f1r3storm

“But after a year of EA bashing us it’s good to get it off my chest.”

They did?

3. Yoshi

Maybe because he did a shit job? lol or maybe because he was sucking Activisions balls?

4. Anders

“They really treated me like shit even after creating Dead Space 4 them.”

Didn’t know that was a one-man project.

5. endgame

the guy is a lying son of a b***h just like all Acti employees r. come on Scho-bag do u think we’r that stupid? how much did Acti pay u to say that?

6. loki

Wait. And activision do the same thing

7. Hunam

I find it hard to believe when ricettelio constantly said Dead Space was his favourite game.

8. chronoss2

He didnt give the reasons of this..

9. Freek

Is it mud slinging season at developers? Getting allot shit talking lately. Makes for funny reading, so keep it up devs!

10. AHA-Lambda

just wait till you see what activision is like then ;)

11. RETARDED VIKING

i could imagine activison and EA trying to sabotage each other in latter gaming expos XD

12. Robo_1

Yes, I’m sure Activision will treat him with the respect he deserves. lol

Also, further lols at him not expecting the attention, I’d bet pounds to pence that Acti PR had some role to play in it… /takes off silver foil hat

13. DeSpiritusBellum

Oh yeah, I’m sure EA is the NICE multi billion dollar company. Complete unicorn farm over there, for sure.

@Anders he was the creator and executive producer, mind. He’s not saying he did all the work.