Castlevania: Lords of Shadow October release is “speculation”, says Konami

Wednesday, 21st July 2010 15:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

castlevanialos3

Konami’s told Eurogamer that talk of an October release date for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is just “speculation.”

It comes as PS3Vault was carrying the release timeline for the game alongside its box-art.

No exact date was mentioned at the time, although expect everything to be clear next month in Cologne at gamescom.

It’s being developed by Madrid-based MercurySteam, with Kojima Productions overseeing the work.

Thanks, Ripten.

1. mington

Really?

Beans!

2. Blerk

Box art officially doesn’t suck the big one.

Curious to see how the game fares. I really want it to be brilliant, but…. stuff.

3. mington

Somewhere between God of war 3 and Dantes Inferno is fine by me….

i think knights contract will be the one to watch ;)

sexy new knights contract cinematic, i may just retrack me winking smiley

4. RETARDED VIKING

hopefully this 3D castlevania will redeem itself of its 3D mediocre past.

5. RETARDED VIKING

OMFG the box art is exactly what i pictured LOL not bad.

6. Erthazus

I expect nothing special from this, because of the developers.

It looks like a polished videogame in some way and not. I don’t know. Need reviews from Edge and Eurogamer.

7. xino

Oct 8th for UK

and that’s not the official final boxart says David Cox

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

They know what they’re up against. They’ve got Kojima involved. I think it’ll be good. Box art looks great. Day 1 purchase for me.

9. Blerk

I’m still more than a little suspicious about Kojima’s level of ‘involvement’ on this one.

10. Erthazus

@8 I’m sorry, but Kojima has nothing to do with it, except of that they share technologies together.

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@10…I’m just going by what’s been reported to the public (as opposed to your knowledge). Besides, you think he’s gonna want his company’s name on a shit product?

Regardless, I’ve got a good feeling bout this one.

12. mington