Update: As promised, we’ve add the official North American midnight launch event for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
The event will take place at Fry’s Electronics at 10800 Kalama River Avenue in Fountain Valley, CA, with activities starting at 9.00pm PST on July 26, and sales of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beginning at midnight.
Local game stores across the US may have ones that are less “official” than this one, so you may wish to check first before just showing up.
Original story follows the break.
Original: Blizzard has announced five official European launch events for the release of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
Starting at midnight on July 26/27, retailers in France, Germany, Russia, Sweden and the UK will open their doors to players who want to be the first to purchase and play the sci-fi strategy title.
The midnight UK launch will take place at GAME, located at 100 Oxford Street, London.
Doors will open at 11.00pm and attendees will have an opportunity to meet with a member of the StarCraft II development team who will be present to welcome players and sign their copies.
Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase the standard or Collector’s Edition of the game which contains the following bonus items in case you forgot:
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor’s dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director’s commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
Similar launch events will be held internationally for players in other regions, and you can get the European list here.
The game’s out on July 27, and when the official US midnight event is announced, we’ll let you know.