SOE accepting sign-ups for DC Universe Online beta

Tuesday, 20th July 2010 10:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dcuniverseonline

SOE’s opened sign-ups to the online beta of DC Universe Online.

When you do sign-up on the game’s official website, you’re given the choice of having the beta on PC or PlayStation 3.

There’s more through here.

The MMO, announced during Sony’s press conference back at E3 in 2008, looks set to release in November for PS3 and PC with a $15 per month sub fee.

1. Joe Anderson

I’ve signed up, looking forward to trying out a proper MMO on PS3.

2. Erthazus

SOE make Everquest 3… Come on…

3. Crysis

if it were not for the sub, i’d consider getting this, regardless i have signed up for this beta & am looking 4ward 2 trying it out on the ps3(if selected)

4. Blerk

Wow, is this actually going to come out finally? Curious to see how it fares on console.

5. Robo_1

Don’t usually go in for this type of thing, but I’m very curious as to how it’s going to turn out, so I’ve signed up.

6. Hunam

The problem with super hero MMO’s is that the furries take over. Then it just gets weird.

7. frostquake

Just signed up for the PS3 Beta…Hope I get in. One of the questions asked How I liked Playing MMO’s…I answered, I like playing by myself and against the AI…that might just nix my beta….

I don’t play well with others, because most others are 12-14 year old pre-pubescent boys screaming into the mic and ranting, or racists, or just plain ignoramus comments…wow I finally got to use the word ignoramus…YEAH!!! ROFL

8. LOLshock94

i thought it was ony xbox that got pubeless mindless kids

9. theevilaires

I know Blerk you’re so right, now if they can finally release that other comic book universe MMO for the 360…oops ;)

10. Blerk

Nah, they canned that before it completely tanked.

11. theevilaires

So this is going to cost $60 + $15 a month? Okay? :D

12. Blerk

13. theevilaires

I’m sure one month try wouldn’t hurt. Comes down to fun factor and trophies to me. I waste $15 an hour on nothing so $15 a month doesn’t bother me really.

Just has to be COD4 level of fun….let me shut up now before Kotick’s slaves read this :D

14. Erthazus

“For me personally, no – not okay. It’ll be interesting to see how many people disagree with me.”

for MMORPG it’s a standard to pay 60$ + 15$ a month (or even more) and a lot of people disagree with you when there are tons of MMORPG’s and of course World Of Warcraft with that thing.

15. Blerk

Well of course, yes. On PC, though. PC owners will no doubt play this for ten minutes and then quit and go back to WoW like they do every other MMO.

PS3 owners though, they’re the interesting ones… will they even play past their first free month? I surmise you get a free month?

16. Robo_1

It would have to blow me completely away for me to put my hand in my pocket every month. I’m open to it though, I’ve never played an MMO before.

Personally I’m disappointed that it’s DC comics that’s the focus to be honest, Marvel would have been far more interesting.

17. Erthazus

@15 Well it depends if you like the game or not. Not every gamer will return to World Of Warcraft. There are tons of them + there is one interesting one that don’t require subscribe at all and it’s a freakin awesome RPG game: Guild Wars

As a MMORPG gamer i’m not interested in DC Universe Online at all and in my perspective it’s an OK MMORPG game.

If you really in MMORPG kind of game you will play and forget about these 15$

18. blackdreamhunk

Ia m going to preorder this one for sure and guild wars 2 :P

19. RETARDED VIKING

man 15$ is a bit pricey but i’ll see if it’s worth it…..shit im gonna have to cancel my gold if i end up liking this game….ALOT.

20. OlderGamer

How many hours do you get out of an average 60usd game? I don’t play most games solid for a month. And they cost 60usd. But for the same 60usd, I can get 4 months of a MMORPG. And during those 4 months, I will play every single day, and for many hours each day.

There is no greater value then a well done MMORPG. USD vs hours played.

145usd/a year to play wow. Is a hella value. That is just about 2 full price games. I can’t think of 2 full priced games on PS3 or xb360 that can hold my attention or offer me as much play as a good MMORPG.

Most people that complain about the price have never experienced a good MMORPG.

21. Erthazus

“There is no greater value then a well done MMORPG”

Except that 95% of MMORPG games are gimicks compared to current games in gameplay and graphics. I mean… EVERYTHING.

22. xino

@frostquake

“I like playing by myself and against the AI…that might just nix my beta….”

lol…that’s what I said too:/

23. frostquake

@ xino
    Nice to know that there is at least one person out there, that felt that way LOL