StarCraft II system specs revealed by Blizzard

Friday, 16th July 2010 08:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

starcraftII

Blizzard’s confirmed StarCraft II’s system specs to Big Download. Can you run it?

The list features PC and Mac, so you’re covered on both sides.

Get the full lot below.

Minimum System Requirements:

PC: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better

Mac: Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
Intel Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon X1600 or better

PC/Mac: 12 GB available HD space
1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users, 2 GB for Mac users)
DVD-ROM drive
Broadband Internet connection
1024X720 minimum display resolution

Recommended Specifications:

PC: Windows Vista/Windows 7
Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
2 GB RAM
512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better

Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
4 GB system RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better

And there you have it. Not too long now to go now, innit.

StarCraft II releases on July 27.

1. Crysis

the bigger question is; who can’t run it?’

2. Blerk

Me! I can’t run it. What do I win?

3. Hunam

A colostomy!

4. Crysis

:O, poor soul, someone get this man a new computer right away :P me, my 2nd comp, a real cheapo @ $200, can run it, granted i spent $60 upgrading it with an xtra gb of ram & an ATI 4350, jut put everything on low settings & ir runs incredibly smoothly, tho this i may be able 2 run @ med, maybe even high smoothly, but i have no intention on getting this, only RTS i like are ones made by relic, tho they let me down with Dawn of War 2

5. Blerk

Damn, I’ve already got a colostomy.

6. AHA-Lambda

thank god my brother can run this on minimum at least :P

he was bricking ti that he wouldn’t run this or diablo 3. Now to only find out the specs for civ 5

7. Crysis

quite cheap to get a computer capable of playing every game, should cost between $300-$400, all you need is a cheapish graphics card, 2gb ram, & should be @ the very least a dual core processor, but my p4 processor hasnt had ANY trouble running games ever, i can play Left 4 Dead 2, Crysis & Fallout 3 without any trobuls & it looks a little better thna a console game with the cheap ATI 4350 card, well atleast more detailed in certain games, @ the entrance to the vault the words on the skeletons signs were increibly easy to make out, all blurs on the ps3 & 360 versions

8. endgame

u see this everyone? this is called OPTIMIZATION! watch and learn! watch, and learn u lazy ass developers.

9. LOLshock94

can i have sum help plz i have a laptop sony vaio and it has NVIDIA GeForce 6400 i think wud tht run it or not????

10. Crysis

no, it shouldn’t run, but you could spend $30/bout 20 pounds, on a graphics card to be capable of playing it on it’s recomended settings
    I would reccomend the ATI 4350 or the slightly better Nvidia 8400GS

11. LOLshock94

a graphics card costs 30/20 pounds why im such an idiot i thought an alienware r sumit should have runned this lol

12. OlderGamer

I am amazed at how low these specs are. I can run this on three pcs. Well done blizz.

13. Boris Fett

And this is the sort of thing Blizzard does right that most other developers just don’t seem to get.

14. frostquake

I have 6 computers, a laptop, and Netbook and none of them will run this game. My last Card Upgrade was years ago, the Nvidia 6900, and not the PCIe kind either…Sigh :(