Japanese hardware charts – DSi LL still the rage

Friday, 16th July 2010 22:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

happygirlswithDSi

Media Create has released the Japanese hardware figures for the week of July 5.

Looks like Wii swapped places with PSP last week, but was second to DSi LL.

Even with the handheld number one again, its number fell to normal levels following its price drop.

Same for Xbox 360 as its numbers dropped after the redesign surge two weeks back.

Despite strong software sales for White Knight Chronicles 2, PS3 dropped a bit over last week.

The full hardware results, covering July 5 through July 11, are below with previous week’s sales in parentheses.

Japanese hardware sales:

1. DSi LL - 28,916 (32,661)
  2. Wii – 24,604 (21,964)
  3. PSP – 24,421 (24,685)
  4. PS3 – 18,345 (20,077)
  5. DSi – 17,356 (18,271)
  6. Xbox 360 - 5,688 (7,303)
  7. DS Lite – 4,992 (5,339)
  8. PS2 – 1,558 (1,594)
  9. PSP go -  1,046 (1,024)

Year-to-date Japanese hardware sales:

1. DS – 1,231,589
  2. PSP – 1,127,133
  3. Wii – 843,549
  4. PS3 – 756,325
  5. Xbox 360 – 111,657
  6. PS2 – 46,930

Click the image below for a graph of Japanese hardware sales so far this year:

japhardwaresales272010_insert

Source: Media Create.

1. atheistium

I like the use of Korean girls in the post about Japanese sales :p

2. Razor

Wonder what they’re looking at.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 All I did was search for Happy Girls with DSi and that was the first one that came up. Honest. Well, the first one was a nude one, but I digress……

4. Suikoden Fan

@Razor a top secret new power rangers game

5. frostquake

@Stephany

Someone had their safe search off…LOL ;)

By the way, I think I need to send you about 50 Indian Runner Ducks…Hope ya got a Pond on that Farm…ROFL!

6. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added my amazing graph. Looks as though things are bottoming out.

7. Crysis

Sony has marketed the PSP very well in Japan, they could of done better else where, like maybe a LARGE price drop then a large ad campaign advertising said price drop, i know i would buy a brand new PSP 3000 @ $100, maybe $150, but noone wants to pay $250-$400 for a portable gaming device, i honestly have no idea what the selling point of the iPad was, maybe that it had Apple slapped on it makes it’s own point, an expensive overrated product costing more than a decent laptop with much less features, several of which cost money

8. frostquake

@ Pat

Why was there a spike in Week 14-15 for DS? Software??
    Also Spike in PSP week 15, Why? Software??

9. amirmir

@1 How do you know that these girls are Korean and not Japanese?? It’s really hard for me to tell the difference between asian girls.

10. Stephany Nunneley

@5 I don’t have a pond I have a massive creek. Ducks would be awesome, but I have a dog that might not think so :(

Is it true Indian Runners lay like 200 or so eggs a year? If so, wow for you.

11. atheistium

@3 I wasn’t having a dig at all. It just made me giggle that is all :)

@9 I lived in Japan for a while… you can kind of tell between Chinese, Japanese and Korean girls. It does help that the 3 in the image are from a famous Korean girl band.

12. Stephany Nunneley

@11 LOL! SNSD Sinagpore? I just looked that up. Well, they are happy and they are girls, so I guess it worked. Like I said, I could have chosen the nude one :D Maybe I will next time. That should make it extra happy lol!

13. Psychotext