Sega cancels AvP console patches

Thursday, 15th July 2010 12:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

AVP

Sega’s announced that planned patches for the console version of Aliens vs Predator have been cancelled.

“I’ve just received a mail this AM regarding patches for the console versions of AVP and I regret to inform everyone that these have sadly been scrapped,” said assistant community manager, Clumsyorchid.

“I had previously made a claim that these were coming and at the time, this was very much on the table. For the console community, I apologize, as I know there are many features and updates that you’d like to see. I’ll keep fighting internally for this to happen, but until I hear otherwise, there will not be a console patch for either Xbox or PS3.”

Asked for clarification on if the PC version would now get support scrapped, all that was said was: “I have heard nothing on PC patches and would not assume there will be any changes unless stated otherwise.”

Since its February release earlier this year, AvP’s PC version has seen at least five patches. On consoles, just one.

Oops.

It comes just a week after the release of the game’s second map pack, Bughunt, on PSN and XBLMP.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Crysis

i loved this game, but it had too many problems to be a ‘great’ game, but i still think it’s a ‘good’ game, for one, on large open maps, the alien had very little chance of taking down a pred, especially if few marines were present making alien vision the preferred choice & the plasma shoulder cannon does the rest of the talking

2. Windsmeare

Apologies for this but I think it’s apt, “Game Over man, game over!”

3. NiceFellow

I presume not enough people are playing online with consoles. Pity, I loved the online in AvP2 on PC and thought I’d try console as PC didn’t seem to have dedicated servers.

But online seems to be dead and it looks like a chose the wrong way.

Pity, as some of the modes, if well played, are truly fun but it looks like the title didn’t appeal enough.

On console the player count felt low for modes such as Survivor, which I felt didn’t help either.

4. endgame

@NiceFellow haha. playing shooters on consoles is like F1 racing with casual cars. gg.

5. Crysis

@endgame, nah, more conveniant on a console than on a pc, i’d rather keep my pc for RTS among other less intence genres where i do not need 2 use my damn pinky to roll, crouch& sprint

6. LOLshock94

@ crysis agreed
    only gd thing about a pc for shooters is tht there know pubeless kids but for more players its nothing compared to consoles

7. Crysis

@LOLshock94, it’s more accurate using a mouse, but i still feel more @ home with a controller, i often reduce the mouse sensetivity anyways, mainly cuz i don’t have any decent pads for the mouse, heck im using a matress right now 4 it