PlayStation minis range passes 1 million downloads

Wednesday, 14th July 2010 15:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

minis

Sony has announced its minis range has passed the 1 million download milestone across PAL, Asia and US territories.

Launched in October 2009 for PSP and PS3, the bite-sized games total more than 85 from over 50 developers, and more are expected to be released in the coming months.

“We’re always looking for exciting and unique content to offer our audiences and minis offer exactly that,” said SCEE VP of publisher and developer relations, Zeno Colaco.

“We’re proud to have achieved over a million downloads in less than a year and with new developers coming on board every day, bringing with them incredibly fun and creative games, we look forward to establishing minis as a fans favourite amongst the PlayStation community.”

Here are the top ten minis sold as of July 7, excluding single format minis:

1. Age of Zombies
  2. Monopoly
  3. Fieldrunners
  4. Zombie Tycoon
  5. Bloons
  6. Spot The Differences!
  7. Pinball Fantasies
  8. Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2
  9. Yetisports Pengu Throw
  10. Breakquest

Today’s PSN update included minis: Piyotama, Car Jack Streets, Archibald’s Adventures, Pallurikio, and Star Hammer Tactics.

1. cookiejar

I have to admit, I thought the mini campaign would bomb. But all credit to Sony, its done well. Some good little time wasters in there.

2. cookiejar

Double post. Stop asking for an admin password :(

3. Blerk

I’m surprised they sold any at all, given the level of media coverage they get and the fact that you can’t download demos. I’m half curious about a few of them, but there’s no way I’d buy them ‘blind’.

4. Retroid

Plus, most of them are shit. Or far, far too short.

5. Robo_1

A million sales isn’t bad at all, given how relatively few games there are on the service.

Expect these sorts of bit size apps to be a huge focus for PSP2.

6. Blerk

Which are the ‘best’ minis, then? So I can look them up on YouTube.

7. cookiejar

@6 Basically the top sellers you see there.

Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners are a couple of my favs.

I always buy these (or get them free with PS+) and play them on the PSP. I rarely use them on the PS3.

Also looking at todays update with Car Jack Streets, it looks a lot like the original top down GTA games. Might look into that.

8. Blerk

Heh, Fieldrunners has awesome music!

9. 2plus2equals5

Minis is a great(lol) idea!

10. Quiiick

Congrats to Sony for pulling this off!
    Great idea but unfortunately a terrible logo-design.