UK charts: Crackdown 2 jumps in at number one

Monday, 12th July 2010 10:23 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crackdown24

Impressive, agents. Crackdown 2′s gone to number one in the UK charts, throwing Lego: Harry Potter from the top of the proverbial Agency tower.

The Ruffian sequel beat out the TT title into second, while Red Dead Redemption held third.

Other than that, it’s all movers and shakers, with FIFA World Cup rounding off the top five.

UFC Undisputed 2010 finishes off the top ten.

The full top ten is below. Last week’s data is here.

UK charts

1. Freek

Maybe if it does well they’ll do a Crackdown 3 with the time and budget to actually move the game forward.

2. Johnny Cullen

For all its problems (and it does have a few, quite frankly), I’m enjoying Crackdown 2 from what I played of it over the weekend.

Hey, if you’re having fun with it, it’s all that matters to me, innit.

Good stuff, chaps. (Y)

3. Blerk

Exactly which chart is that in the image, Johnny? ‘cos it sure as hell ain’t this week’s. Or, indeed, any recent week’s. :-D

4. Johnny Cullen

Oh balls. I forgot to save the asset. :D

Gimmie a sec.

5. Johnny Cullen

There.

6. Blerk

Better. ;-)

7. mington

I’m playing the saboteur at the moment, and its easily the most fun i’ve had in a open world environment in recent memory.

Doing a 100 mph drift into a group of French OAPs really needs to be experienced first hand.

8. Blerk

I meant to pick that up and never did. Might have to have a look around and see if it’s going for peanuts somewhere.

9. Erthazus

Saboteur? In my opinion it was a great Sandbox game. I liked it.

10. mington

Pretty much 15quid everywhere

11. The_Red

It’s a shame that Crackdown 2 is the such a step backwards from the great original. Seriously, the game is a carbon copy with the mission structure of the original removed. It would have been bad for DLC let alone a full fledged sequel.

12. The Hindle

I think Crackdown 2 should do 1m quite easily. I just cant believe Microsoft let the game come out like it is imo

13. Eon

I’m really enjoying Crackdown 2 but I admit it’s not quite the advancement one would hope for in a sequel. The mission structure doesn’t bother me, I didn’t buy the first crackdown for the missions (hence why I never completed the game) but mainly just to mess around in Pacific City. Same goes for this one, I love the wingsuit and I think if you’re creative enough you can make some really hilarious scenarios with friends.

14. _LarZen_

Horrible game…

15. daytripper

@14 yep, got my money back, lazy development to say the least

16. mington

Everyone should get there money back on Crackdown 2 and buy the saboteur for 15 smackers. You’ll have a much better game and you’ll also have 25 smackerros to go on a mental shopping spree…

Me? i’d buy meat….lots of meat

17. daytripper

i bought my lady friend some cheap sexy underwear and a copy of bayonetta :-)

erm…

18. Eon

@15 Lazy development perhaps but I think Microsoft should’ve gave them another 6-12 months on the game to be honest. They had what? 9 months dev time or something?

19. daytripper

@18 well if it was nine months and they had to use to the crackdown 1 template i.e the city they still could of produced something which i think is important for a game…mission variety. you give me a week and i could come up with some ideas to go along with defending becons and taking over strongholds to give the player a bit more interest..4 player co-op or not. i wouldnt of give it 4.5 like destructoid did but its far from what i regard a good game and this is someone who really liked the first one, if you like cd2 then good for you, i’m not going to criticise you for it, each to their own as they say :-)

20. Ge0force

Don’t people read reviews anymore? Crackdown 2 is nothing more than some bad DLC for the first game…

21. LOLshock94

its took them 9 months to make CD2
    AvP had year and a half and CD2 is better then that shit and come on it is ruffian first game

22. DaMan

not surprised, this game might pass 1.5-2 million (worldwide) like nobody’s business.