Ubisoft chief refuses to confirm Assassin’s Creed break

Monday, 12 July 2010 19:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen


Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has refused to confirm that Assassin’s Creed will be taking a break next year.

This comes after Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood producer Jean-Francois Boivin was quoted by Eurogamer last week as saying the series would be taking a breather in 2011.

Guillemot unceremoniously blocked the talk, however.

“The decision is not theirs,” he said in an earnings call following the release of the firm’s FYQ1 financial results today.

“It would not be right to comment right now.”

Back in March, Splinter Cell: Conviction’s creative director Maxime Béland said that yearly series outings on big Ubisoft IPs like Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell were on the way.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood releases on November 16 in the US and November 19 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

Thanks, Gamepro.