Dragon Age 2 confirmed, full announcement incoming

Thursday, 8th July 2010 07:51 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dragonage6

EA’s gone and confirmed Dragon Age 2 as a real “thing.”

There are no details as yet, but the game’s name was listed in a press release on the shifting fortunes of Warhammer Online yesterday.

Currently announced projects at BioWare include the development of ongoing downloadable content for Mass Effect 2, one of the highest rated video games of all time, Dragon Age 2, the highly anticipated sequel to 2009′s “RPG of the Year” Dragon Age: Origins, and the story-driven massively multiplayer online game, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

BioWare teased a reveal on Twitter last night.

EA confirmed in a fiscal release back in February that a new Dragon Age title would release in the publisher’s fourth quarter this year – that’s the first three months of 2011.

At the time, the game was called “Dragon Age Title TBA”. It was listed as releasing for consoles, handhelds and PC.

A February 1, 2011 date for something Dragon Age-related was teased by EA back in March.

EA confirmed yesterday that its gamescom press conference would take place on August 17, so fingers crossed for a good look at it then.

1. Tomo

I still haven’t finished the first one, let alone the expansion pack. Sheesh :x

Be interested to see what they have up their sleeve in terms of new features though. Quick turnaround between games. They’ve been working on the lot for ages, but I wonder what innovations they’ll have that’ll warrant it being a sequel and not just another expansion pack.

2. wiking

There goes 80 hours of my life.

3. loki

No thx

4. Blerk

I’ve still not picked up the first one. I was kind of waiting to see if they did some sort of über-bundle first, but no dice yet.

5. ybfelix

Bioware please release a full package of DA1 and all DLCs

6. RETARDED VIKING

BioWare is on a ROLL!!!

7. freedoms_stain

Cool shit.

Hope they dial up the graphics a bit.

8. Isuru86

Fuck this Shit, Games like Dragon Age shouldt be on consoles…the control is awfuuullll !

9. Blerk

Well play it on the PC, then. Problem solved. Next!

10. AHA-Lambda

I thought this was already confirmed? Ah bugger it…

As much as i enjoyed dragon age (and love bioware) i aint getting this. Dragona ge just couldn’t hold my interest over its immensely huge game length =/

11. fdelfino

Damn, I should really get back to DA:O and play it once more before the sequel.

12. The_Deleted

DA2 confirmed… surely that’s the announcement done?

13. asiabearings

I am very interested in your article, I think your articles are so interesting that I need more information, go is berkaya and I will always support you. I say many thanks to you.miniature bearings Check Valve Plate Rolling Machines