Split/Second coming to PSP this holiday

Wednesday, 7th July 2010 14:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

sspsp

Disney has just announced that Split/Second will be coming to PSP “this holiday season.”

The handheld version of the Black Rock racer will contain four-player local co-op, as well as new challenges and a new track not found in the HD version released back in May.

“Split/Second: Velocity has become a hit with fans of racing and action games, and is the perfect fit for the PSP system,” said Disney Interactive’s marketing head, Craig Relyea.

“The explosive track altering features and fast arcade racing will have PSP system players worldwide playing it on-the-go or at home.”

First shots below.

1. Blerk

I can only think that they’re doing this version to make the lacklustre sales on the other platforms look ‘actually not that bad’.

2. Roarster

These random PSP ports always surprise me. I guess they must be profitable, despite the seemingly poor sales.

3. theevilaires

The game is fun on PS3 but damn I hate the rubber band style of races in games like this. Also no fucking custom soundtracks man :( Highly pissed about that one.

4. Detale

Enjoying the PS3 version when I get the chance (we’ve also got LEGO Harry Potter and the missus in angling for Platinum trophy before letting me back on the console again), does seem a bit of a random choice for a PSP conversion but racers work quite well on the handheld formats I guess.

5. Robo_1

The PSP just keeps on truckin’. This is a surprise announcement, but I’ll be there day one. I loved this on the PS3, and would love a hand held version.

Sony should give PSP a nice fat price cut this holiday season, God knows the platform could do with a bit of a boost.

6. Gheritt White

My fave racing game since Wipeout 2097 – one of the best games of the year so far, IMHO.

7. cookiejar

Might have to pick it up then. Not the PSP version, I mean PS3.

Demo seemed pretty decent.