Private eye: Eye of Judgment online servers going offline in September

Saturday, 3rd July 2010 11:27 GMT By Nathan Grayson

eyeofjudgement

Before Eye of Judgment came along, you had to use your imagination if you wanted tiny tough-as-nails monsters to spring forth from your cards.

Now it looks like you’ll have to imagine a few online servers as well.

“We at SCEE sincerely thank you for your continued support of THE EYE OF JUDGMENT.  The online battle service for this product  will terminate on 30 September 2010.  Offline play will remain available even after the conclusion of online service,” reads a post on the PlayStation community forum.

So that’s that, then. Goodnight, sweet prince. You’ll be making angels go, “Wow, that’s pretty neat, but I doubt I’d actually go through all that hassle to play it for any significant period of time” soon enough.

1. Crysis

never even heard of this, anyone else? no? maybe that’s why it’s servers have been closed down…

2. DGOJG

@1 Yeah I do, I bought this heap of shit when it came out. The gimic lasted all of a week. It would have had more replayability (ie when trophy support came in) if the game’s update system wasn’t so terrible for it. (It was a 2GB download that I tried to download but it kept failing after hours of waiting on it. It wasn’t my connection or memory space it was just sloooooooooow)
    However it was not as bad as Metal Gear Online. I would love to be able to play it again but sadly this stupid torrent update crap prevents me from doing so.

3. MrBambinoDent

@ 1 yeah I bought this game a long time ago and sold it after a few hours of playing

@ 2 Totally agree with you about the update … the most annoying update I’ve ever seen in my life .. took me like 2 days to complete after a handful of failures and at the end it wasn’t worth it :(

4. Robo_1

The game itself was a bit of fun, the update system was utterly heinous. It’s between this and Konami ID’s for worst online implementation of anything ever.

5. OlderGamer

The faliure of this game was due to the cards themself. I understand the idea behind it. But the flaw was that in order to succed the game had to compete against the Yugioh and the Magic and even the Wow card games at retail.

If Eye was 100% digital, yes w/o the camara gimmick, it would have faired better. Downloadable dlc card packs(for less money then the retail ones).

Look at the sucess of Magic Online on xbla. Its fun and easy to get cards. Eye should have been more like that.

That being said I enjoyed it for a bit. Played it with kids for a bit. But in the end we lacked enough cards, and the camara was often finiky.

6. ivycrew707

To even mention Konami and that crap they pulled enrages me

7. theevilaires

Fuck I gotta hurry up and get Platinum trophy then. Hate being rushed while trophy whoring but I hate an un-complete 100% percentage score even more :D