NPD has released the top 20 software results for May, and it finds Lost Planet 2 taking the number 11 spot, followed by New Super Mario on DS.
Three racers were released in May, none of which lit a fire on the charts. ModNation Racers on PS3 came in at 18, while Split/Second and Blur didnt make an appearance in the top 30 (IGN).
However, both Blur and ModNation Racers were released on May 25 in the US, so the June numbers – expected later in the month -may be a bit kinder to the titles.
Looking over the entire chart, Nintendo walked away the clear winner with nine games on the list – six for Wii and three on DS.
Microsoft followed with six titles, four of which were in the top 10 tying with Nintendo. Sony had five spots on the chart.
Here’s the full thing, courtesy of Gamasutra:
- Red Dead Redemption (360)
- Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
- UFC 2010: Undisputed (360)
- UFC 2010: Undisputed (PS3)
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
- Alan Wake (360)
- Pokemon SoulSilver Version (DS)
- Skate 3 ( 360)
- Lost Planet 2 (360)
- New Super Mario Bros ( DS)
- Pokemon Heartgold (DS)
- God of War III ( PS3)
- Just Dance ( Wii)
- Mario Kart, with wheel (Wii)
- Super Street Fighter IV ( PS3)
- ModNation Racers (PS3)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360)
- Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
Last Night’s NPD results showed industry sales down 10 percent year-on-year in May, and down 5 percent over last month. Total sales came in at approximately $823.5M.
Red Dead Redemption was the clear king of the mountain with 1.5M units sold across all platforms. Yeehaw, cowboy.