Insomniac would get behind Ratchet & Clank Collection

Friday, 2nd July 2010 09:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ratchet & Clank ACiT

Insomniac has said it’d support a Ratchet & Clank remix, but it wouldn’t want to get involved with its development.

The developer dropped backing for the idea in a tweet:

“We won’t make it, but we’d support Sony if they decided to do it!”

Awesome stuff. Start banging on Sony’s door, innit.

Insomniac recently announced it would be going multi-platform after 13 years as a PlayStation-exclusive studio, signing with EA Partners for the PS3 and 360 project.

It’s also thought that the developer is currently working on Resistance 3.

Thanks, TSA.

1. Crysis

good news, they won’t do a what a certain pair of former developers tried doing with a potential Modern Warfare 3.
    It’s likely that High Impact Games will do the development for this rerelease since they were a part of Insomniac which split & done some psp titles like Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank & Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, all meeting moderately good appraisals

2. StolenGlory

Get this shit going!

3. Gadzooks!

There’s not much point in an R&C collection as the games really dont change much and the story is pretty irrelevant.

Playing one of the current PS3 iterations of R&C is like playing the whole back catalog but with more weapons and sharper visuals. They all kinda blend into each other after a while.

I really like R&C, always have, but I just can’t see the point in a remastered collection.

4. Filofax

@3 “There‚Äôs not much point in an R&C collection as the games really dont change much and the story is pretty irrelevant.”
    The same can be said of most games that are on a second or third outing. Besides R&C was more about the platforming and shooting than about story, which lets be honest most video game scripts are bloody atrocious.

5. OlderGamer

Man Gad nailed it there.

I have no interest in the games at this point. They just feel flat.

6. The Hindle

Well lets face it OG you dont seem to like anything Sony do imo :D

7. Gadzooks!

“R&C was more about the platforming and shooting than about story”

My point exactly.

A Crack in Time spiced up the formula quite nicely with the Clank record-and-replay mechanism I thought.

Overall the series is getting a little stale now though. Maybe a change of direction is in order for the IP? The characters and universe are still appealing but some new gameplay is required. (not multiplayer!!)

8. The Hindle

@7 i think its going to be a long time untill we see another R&C game again.

9. OlderGamer

@Hindle

As of late that is the way it feels too. It isn’t just Sony tho, I don’t play the Wii, or the xb360 as much as I used to. Mostly I play steam, or wow on the PC.

I just don’t like most of what Sony does this gen. Where are the Champions of Norath games? Why isn’t EQII on the PS3?

In the past two gen Sony depended strongly on JP games to drive sales. I have gotten tired of JP games. And as for R&C, I used to enjoy them. I used to play Sypro, Crash, and Mario. Not so much anymore. I couldn’t really explain it in words.

I guess it prolly seems like I hate Sony to people that might notice that type of thing. But trust me, it isn’t just Sony. It is just that most of what Sony does offer that I like I either will get it on xb360(comunity factor – friends family etc), or no one else seems to like what I do. I enjoy Fat Princess a lot. I play Mag. I just do not like most SP games, at all. Lest not the ones that lead you by the hand thro some badly scripted story line that is whoely uninteresting. That isn’t R&C, I know. But the game has lost its allue.

I often wonder if I am just too old for gaming. There might be something to that. But maybe not. Everything just feels stale, and too expensive to care.

10. The Hindle

Ahh i see OG have you thought of say selling your Ps3 and using the money elsewhere or something.

11. Robo_1

Big fan of the R&C franchise, so I’d welcome this along with a Jak & Daxter collection.

In absence of full PS2 BC, I’d also welcome more devs jumping on this HD remake lark. Give me a Clover collection of God Hand, Okami and Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 and I’d be one happy chappy.

12. OlderGamer

Often, its nice too, a barely used 60G fully BC fatty.

But the trouble is that it is also our BluRay player. While we don’t own a ton of BR Movies, the Mrs. has her entire collection of Harry Potter movies in BluRay.

Selling is not an option if I want to stay married … or alive for that matter ;)

13. DrDamn

I’d prefer efforts sent the way of Jak & Daxter personally. As already pointed out PS3 R&C is already covered enough for those who want it.